I want to reload

Hornady Lock-N-Load AP Progressive Press - MidwayUSA

385$

and there is a 20$ off code to make it 365$

Hummmmmmmmmm

I like my Dillon 550 a lot. But... Being a complete novice when I bought I assumed (and yes, I understand what ASSumed means) that all progressives were auto indexing. It didn't even occur to me to ask. One other good thing about the Hornady is that there are a lot more retail outlets that stock accessories etc...

Mark

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reliable distance with out doing things like shimming the scope, 250 - 300 like 56 said. The old forum, 458socomforums is apparently down for the count, but there are pictures floating around that were posted there, maybe on AR15.com in the variants section, showing a fellow's set up using a ladder sight like Quigley Down Under, he mounted on his Socom. He was ringing a gong at over 700 yards with it. Kinda like shooting artillery at that range though, lots of "angle" on the gun. LOL

It's a big bore round. The performance depends on the bullet characteristics, the quality of the barrel, the match up of powder charge and burn rate...more than I care to calculate for what I do with it. Shooting 300 to 450 grain hollow points accurately out to 100 yards is all I have asked of it and it delivers. All my previous data was obtained using a custom PacNor barrel reamed by the developer of the round so it was an awesome rig. The new upper is coming from Rock River so I'll have to see if the previous loading data is as accurate as it was before.

Anyone interested in the caliber, feel free to PM me and send me an email address and I'll shoot you the loading data I have. I can also let anyone that wants to see the rig, once delivered. I would offer to let you shoot it but scheduling a meet to shoot would be difficult now a days with my work schedule. If your seriously interested in a big bore AR though, PM me and we can discuss more details and possible week day meet in the greater Nashville area to push a few rounds down range. I can also assist you in getting your upper.