"Harry Brown" -or- What if Walt Kowalski were allowed to continue?

Guest jackdm3

Guest jackdm3

Harry is a former Royal Marine in not-so-merry England and has been pushed to the edge, like "Death Wish." Michael Caine still has it in spades as the un-suspecting vigilante, but I will not say more. It's very much worth it if you like Boondock Saints, Death Sentence, Gran Torino, Taken and The Brave One among countless others. 14,898 IMDB viewers gave it 7.4 out of 10 stars. How can you go wrong?

ADD: Caine was drawn to this script because he "saw a lot of himself in the character of Harry Brown, e.g. they're both combat veterans (Harry is a Marine who served in Northern Ireland, Caine served in the British Army during the Korean war), and Caine lived in the same area that Brown does."

Edited by jackdm3
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest drv2fst
after numerous pauses to help people i have finally finished it. i thought it was much better than gran torino to be honest.

Wow, I liked it too but I don't know if I'd put it up with gran torino.

Gran Torino: Familiar and you can sink your teeth into.

Harry Brown: You're more satisfied with the outcome.

Kinda how I felt. I enjoyed it and I love Michael Caine anyway, but I will say that I thought the following:

The script was poor for the most part

The film had alot of filler shots that made the beginning very drawn out and boring.

The sound was poor. I understand speaking lightly but I had to CRANK my TV up to hear them.

I HATED, DESPISED, PRAYED for her death, the female Inspector. I hated the actress and the way she was written.

All in all it's only good because of Michael Caine. Other than that it's simply another vigilante flick, but with a poor script and a bad director.