tell me what to get

Guest mosinon

Guest mosinon

so I've been reading the knofe stuff for a bit and I've decided that if I get hit by a bus my beat up, given to me tanto point S&W knife just isn't going to cut it. I don't want the coroner laughing at me.

So I've narrowed my choice down to a few knives and I want opinions.

First up:

Ken Onion Blur with a handle so ugly Stevie Wonder could see it

I hear great things about the Kershaws and at $60 this seems like a decent value. Got the assist thing going on and that is a must. I've never had to get a knife in a hurry but when I do whip out the knife if it opens quickly people are impressed.

Option 2:

Ken Onion Blur

This has a better looking handle than the other blur but mostly the same. Plus it is made of metal apparently pounded out of alien space craft wreckage or something. But SV30 alien metal costs, this knife retails for $90

Option 3:

benchmade tanto

Looks cool an you get to say "tanto" goes for $127

Thats what I am down to. If you know a better option for under 150 I'd like to hear about it. Cause, really, I don't know Jack or his good friend sheet about this stuff.

Not that it is an option but just cause it cracks me up:

a survival knife with an optional extended contract. If you die you can get a replacement.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mosinon
Gerber Profile and $130 toward a gun. :hat:

- OS

While that is the best advice you know how I get worked up about stuff like this. I read this place and I can't help myself.

The ripple charcoal does look nice but I can't buy something sold in pounds

Columbia River Ken Onion Ripple Charcoal --- Heinnie Haynes - Knives, Pocket Tools and Accessories

I'm new to knives but got my heart set on one of these, just can't turn loose of funds right now Its new from Ken Onion

Kershaw leek might be an option

That will be an excellent knife, Ken Onion is one of the best there is thanks for posting this I will get one

While that is the best advice you know how I get worked up about stuff like this. I read this place and I can't help myself.

Here you go in dollars [http://www.outdoorpros.com/Prod/Columbia-River-Knife-Tool-K405BXP-Ken-Onion-Ripple-3-125-Blade-Ti-nitride-Blue-Scales/68128/Cat/20?RefID=CJ this would be a great knife for you

Edited by willis68

sorry didn't catch the pounds just looking for quick picture

here's one more option a little pricer http://www.knifeworks.com/crktkenonionerosbeadblasttitaniumframeplainedge.aspx

I like the ripple better, it comes in blue also

I have a few Kershaws and really like them. For the money, I think they are a great knife. I am sure there are better knives to be had for more money, but I tend to loose pocket knives from time to time. The Kershaws I have are the onion series like chive, leek, etc. I cannot remember the names exactly.

I like both the Kershaw Blur and the SOG Flash II. Good knives, but don't they won't make you cry when you lose them. They will do all you need for an EDC to do. Spydrco Delica is another good knife.

Edited by Moped
Guest mosinon

Thanks for the advice everyone. As usual OhShoot is probably on target, the wisest thing to do would be to get the gerber and put the rest towards a gun.

But screw that, I've got to stimulate the economy and look cool when I'm dead. I think I'm ordering either a

Kershaw Blur (specifically):

this one

or a different Ken Onion design

The ripple

I love the Blur but I hate the black blade. i like metal blades that look like metal. The columbia wins on that count. On the other hand the I can't tell the columbia knife is made in America. Which sucks because if the knife blows I'd have to fly over seas to get all stabby on someone.

Both well within budget. Thanks everybody.