Mossberg 500 or Remington 870?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you using it for 3Gun?

DaG

Yes. I am interested in using it for three gun. Also, any suggestion on accessories. I will get a gun with ghost sights. Any other considerations? Pistol Grip? Ported?

Thanks for you time. Any information and opinions are appreciated.

i like the mossy but the 870 is more flexable.

exsample if you 590 with a 8 round tube. you can not change it. what buy is what you get.

870 you can change out the tubes and and barrels.

like i said i like the mossy

I had a 500 and it just felt sloppy to me. It seemed like the action was loose and did not feel solid in my hand. Since having the 500, I have three 870s and am very happy with all of them.

Which ever way you decide to go, make sure you get ahold of each of them and just see how they feel in your hands. That said, I am an 870 fan and will never bring myself to pay the retail price on a 500.

IMHO, if you are gonna use a pump for 3G, take a look at the Benelli Super Nova. Nordic Components makes the top of the line quality parts for Benelli and you can usually find a used SN reasonably priced. If you port the barrel that will put you into open division and a pump wont get it in that class. Pistol grips are to each his own. Alot of execellent info on brianenos.com in the 3Gun forums about shotguns and pistol grips. Why Ghost Ring sights if I may ask?

DaG

I have owned both and prefer the 870 for a few reasons. The first is the action seems more beefy and tight on the 870 than the 500. There seem to be more aftermarket accessories for the 870, but I know there are plenty for the 500 out there. I also like the action release on the 870 more than the 500. All that said, I never felt like the Mossburg was anything less than a reliable shooter, so I suggest you just pick the one you like better.

• 2 weeks later...