OK, I've decided to try it out...

Guest ACMM

I've decided to try the Gallatin Gun Club match March 8th.

It's a freestyle pistol-shotgun match.

I'll be using a Glock 17 and a 20ga 870.

Any ideas on how much ammo to take for each including birdshot and slugs would be appreciated. Any info on eqpt I need beyond the firearms would be appreciated also.

I have a kydex holster, 2 single mag pouches and a shot shell belt, is that enough to get me started to see if I like it?

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What you have should work just fine. One hundred rounds of pistol ammo, 25 birdshot, and 6 slugs should be more than enough. If Robert(the match directory) does not post the round count on this site, check the Gallatin Gun Club site closer to March 8th and he may have the round count posted. Hope to see you there.

Fantastic, Thanks! I'm glad I don't need to purchase anything else. I'm really looking forward to it. I've gotten a kitchen pass for that day, so unless something terrible were to happen I am sure I will be there and have a great time.

It was enlightening to me how much fun I could have at a multi-gun match, and only use 1/4 as much ammo as I would normally shoot if just plinking. If I did it more often, I think it would actually 'save' me some money in ammo (that's my argument anyways...)

The only choke I have for the 20 is a full, it's second hand so the others are gone. I think I'm going to try get an IC from Basspro today.

The ammo totals listed by DBTN are lower than I'd expected, so this seems to really be working out nicely.

WOOHOO!

Use a heavier birdshot with a 20. It takes a little more effort to get the steel to fall. Good Luck and have Fun

Thanks! I was going to use 71/2's do you think 6's would get the job done?

Hey guys;

I have not drawn out the stages yet, however I am planning on using 2 guns on 2 stages this time and one stage with just shotgun. I am thinkin about a 18 round shotgun stage, one stage with 4 slugs and around 18 pistol and maybe one with equal number of shotgun and pistol rounds giving the shooter the option to start with ether gun first. I may go way beyond the IDPA limit on pistol and runs some high round count stages. Thoughts?

Hey guys;

I have not drawn out the stages yet, however I am planning on using 2 guns on 2 stages this time and one stage with just shotgun. I am thinkin about a 18 round shotgun stage, one stage with 4 slugs and around 18 pistol and maybe one with equal number of shotgun and pistol rounds giving the shooter the option to start with ether gun first. I may go way beyond the IDPA limit on pistol and runs some high round count stages. Thoughts?

This will be my first time competing, but as seldom as I can get away I'd like to shoot as much as possible. I think that sounds great!