What no vol thread !

laktrash

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Drewsett

I don't know if I'd go so far as to compare Bray and Peyton just yet, but the kid does look good. He makes pretty good decisions and seems to have both accuracy and power. If he looks this good as a true freshman it bodes well for us over the next several years.

I don't know if I'd go so far as to compare Bray and Peyton just yet, but the kid does look good.
Well, I did use the qualifier "a little bit".:) He does have some of the same attributes as Manning. He's tall and lanky, shows good pocket presence, and has a strong arm. Hard work, determination and decision making ability is where Peyton has the edge on most quarterbacks. Bray's qualifications in these areas remain to be seen.

I'm glad they finally started hearing me screaming through the TV to get Simms out of there.:D

Guest tnxdshooter
I'm surprised there's no thread on the "new" vol game today

I've been saying all season they will go 6 and 6 on the year. You have to win 6 games to get to a bowl game so. Two more games to go if they win those (which I think they will as it is KY and Vandy) then 6 and 6. Darn I am good.

Guest tnxdshooter

Of the three qb's the highlight reel I have seen on nash nance is the best. He can run fast, he can throw accurately, h.e makes good reads. I compare him to a cam newton type qb but not as big. I think he would be very successful and have been disappointed that he has not gotten a few reps this year. I think he runs like a 4.5-4.7 forty yard dash. That is blazing for a qb. I think he is a 3 star recruit to but was the best if not one of the best qb's in GA. He had Da'Rick Rogers to throw to down there at calhoun high. Did I mention he has quick feet and gets the ball out quick like peyton manning?

At around the 1:37 mark he busts a long run on a qb draw.

Edited by tnxdshooter
Guest mosinon

To be fair to simms he QB'd against Oregon (13th in overall defense), UAB (103) Florida (22), Alabama (5), LSU (7), Georgia (21)

Tyler Bray has played against South Carolina (41), Memphis (119), Old Miss (99)

I'd wager it is a lot easier to look good against an average ranking of 86 than it is to look good against an average ranking of 25.

Not to say that Tyler isn't good but Simms probably wasn't the thing holding the Vols back.

To be fair to simms he QB'd against Oregon (13th in overall defense), UAB (103) Florida (22), Alabama (5), LSU (7), Georgia (21)

I'd wager it is a lot easier to look good against an average ranking of 86 than it is to look good against an average ranking of 25.

Not to say that Tyler isn't good but Simms probably wasn't the thing holding the Vols back.

He damn sure wasn't pushing them forward either....
Guest Sgt. Joe

Not to step my Gator feet on any Vols toes but this seems as good a place as any to Congratulate South Carolina and the Ole Ball Coach on their winning the SEC east for the first time in SC history.

I said at the beginning of the season that it would probably come down to todays game and said the other day the SC would indeed end their drought and beat my beloved Gators today. FL has found new and different ways to lose quite a few times this year. I do like being right about things but some things more so than others:rolleyes: But since I have been a FL fan since 4-7 was considered a good year all is well enough for me.

I am also quite impressed with what seems to be a turning point for the Vols, they did not do quite as well as I thought they would this year but with the new QB and the idea that the players will be more comfortable with the new coach I would think that they have a good chance to get into the mix for the East title next year.:shrug:

Of course second place is the furthest "I" want to see them in the mix.:P;)

Am I the only one who is already having withdrawals from the short length of the college football season? A couple more Saturdays and we are all waiting on Bowl games:(

Guest tnxdshooter

Wrong dead wrong. Simms was holding onto the ball way to long and would not keep his feet moving in the pocket thus got sacked and fumbled alot.

Guest mosinon
Wrong dead wrong. Simms was holding onto the ball way to long and would not keep his feet moving in the pocket thus got sacked and fumbled alot.

I won't necessarily disagree. But don't you imagine that it is more likely that you'd hold on to the ball a little longer when everyone is covered? Specifically, what games do you think UT would've won that they lost if Bray had been the QB?

Everyone's favorite player is the backup QB and everyone loves to feel "right" when the backup QB goes in and does a nice job. In this case a direct comparison is very difficult, it is like Simms got fed to the lions while Bray gets to play against bunnies.

I don't want to leave the wrong impression, I'm not saying Simms isn't worse than Bray or that the comments by Simms weren't out of place. But I don't think Simms was the reason UT lost those games. You imagine that Simms would've got UT beat by Memphis or Ole Miss?

I remain skeptical. UT scored 14 points on defense and got 5 turnovers. I'm pretty sure with those stats Simms would've won that game as well.And Memphis is horrible. We could probably put a TNgunowners team together and beat Memphis.

I like the move to Bray because UT is really playing for the future so it doesn't bother me but I do feel a bit sorry for Simms. That guy got the tar beat out of him in games UT just didn't have the talent to compete in and once the schedule eases up he gets yanked.

I think Tennessee's young O-line has been their biggest problem all season long. But I think the team is better with Bray. They seem to have a much better attitude. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like after Bray makes a mistake the team comes right back out and gets back to business. But when Simms made a mistake, the team just laid down and quit. I don't really know, but I think that maybe the problem with Simms was less about his performance and more about his attitude.

• Moderators
Chucktshoes, are you a Miss St fan?

No, I'm a Memphis fan. The Vols are the only team I hate more than Ole' Miss. I will say that it is a good thing we are a basketball town. If I had to pin my sports hopes on our football team, I just might be forced to commit Seppuku.

Guest tnxdshooter
I hear Vandy's doing well this year so that's gonna be a toss up on that one.

Either way, we'd still lose the bowl game.

KY is I havent heard anything good about vandy this year.

But when Simms made a mistake, the team just laid down and quit.

This.

With Bray, it seems like a completely different team on both sides of the ball. I think Bray has a much better arm and would rather see him play, but I think the team had a lot more problems than just Simms at the beginning of the year, when they were facing the meat of their schedule.

Simms wasnt the only reason UT lost so many games this year, but he was a big part of it. All I can tell you guys is that when the QB's came out to warm up yesterday the guy catching Simms passes had to move 5-10 yards on every pass. The guy catching Brays passes never move more than one step. Simms just seems like he always throws over the receivers heads and 3-5 yards behind them. I kinda expect Simms to transfer after the season is over.

Guest tnxdshooter
Simms wasnt the only reason UT lost so many games this year, but he was a big part of it. All I can tell you guys is that when the QB's came out to warm up yesterday the guy catching Simms passes had to move 5-10 yards on every pass. The guy catching Brays passes never move more than one step. Simms just seems like he always throws over the receivers heads and 3-5 yards behind them. I kinda expect Simms to transfer after the season is over.

I hope he does transfer I am tired of his mistakes and tired of his mouth. Bray has thrown one interceptions and at least 8 touch downs probably more than that though. I hope simms transfers so that nash nance can have a chance to prove himself.