Kennedy... BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

Guest Steelharp

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and I apologized to him after he calmed down and quit calling me names.

I guess it really DIDN'T help that I was actually more versed in the name calling thing. (after awhile in the military, you learn some pretty colorful ones)..

I wouldn't have used it if he hadn't brought out that tired old line about all of us here are stupid, inbred etc.

Guest Steelharp

I understand. You know, if you say something in anger, to agitate and degrade, then that is racist and uncalled for. But for cripes sake, if ya can't joke around...

hmhmhmh well, with Ted Kennedy, anything you say in a derogatory manner, I'll probably laugh at..that guys a slimy creature. there is no truth in his words and his idea of integrity is whatever he can say or do that will line his pockets with money or further his own agenda.

and guys, I apologize to you all...I DID say that..it wasn't right to say it. That fracas is long been over and well concluded in my opinion. I use the term "the war of northern aggression"..but I hold no grudge against any man because of where he's from. only his actions will cause that.

so I hope you all don't think less of me for that.

You all missed my entire point here. I guess I did not explain it well enough.

This board gets visited by all kinds of people. Is racist name calling how we want to portray ourselves?

I understand Mikey was using humor. but there is a place for things. I do not believe that this forum is the place for it.

In a hundred years would anyone have used the N word or another derogatory term to make fun of a black mans heritage on this forum? I doubt it.

so what is the difference between using a derogatory term towards an Irishman and using a derogatory term towards a black man?

Elliott you know me, I am not one who can't take a joke. I can take it as well as give it. If you called me a drunken mick to my face I would laugh and enjoy the humor. But on this forum racism has no place. Elliott you have nothing to apologize for here.

Off topic on this off topic board I hope you are enjoying your time at home!

well, thankya kindly! :D I am enjoying my time here at home... I just bought Julie her christmas present..we both picked it out.. a 52" bravia, sony lcd tv. it cost about as much as 4 springfield emp's...but she's happy and the picture is incredible!

as for the bluebelly comment, if you folks knew what it was, you'd call me on it..so I you all deserve an apology. I should have more integrity than that.

I called one of those low lifes who have moved in from Ohio a " Damn Carpetbagger " the other day and he didn't even know what it meant. It takes away from the insult when you have to explain it. If someone gets offended by a word that was not directed at them then they are looking to be offended.

Guest bulletproof

"I see Senator Kennedy has changed his position on offshore drilling."

-- Former Sen. Howell Heflin (D-AL), after seeing a National Enquirer photo of Sen. Edward Kennedy (D-MA) on top of a woman in a boat.

obviously I am wrong I will go and remove my posts on this subject.

But I tell you one thing Mikey, I do not believe your little anecdote happened for one second.

That line is straight from Blazing Saddles and you botched a quote from there in another thread..

Guest Steelharp

Mike, I really don't care if you believe me or not. It happened. I would give you the artist's name, but out of respect for his privacy, I won't. He has had a few records, and been on the Opry a time or two.

Unlike my kids, I don't memorize movie dialog verbatim, so it's possible I didn't quote something exactly.

Someone go ahead and lock this. It's going nowhere, it started as a harmless little joke, and has spiraled downward in a totally unintended direction because some people are just too hypersensitive... one of the problems with our modern society.

Guest triggertime

It's going nowhere, it started as a harmless little joke, and has spiraled downward in a totally unintended direction because some people are just too hypersensitive... one of the problems with our modern society.

If anyone here wants to surround themselves with politically correct smug anal retentive people who are no fun to be around, then they go post on thehighroad.

:D

Guest Steelharp
If anyone here wants to surround themselves with politically correct smug anal retentive people who are no fun to be around, then they go post on thehighroad.

trigger, you ROCK!!! :D

IAW http://www.thefreedictionary.com/blue-belly

"blue-belly - common western lizard; seen on logs or rocks"

I prefer Snow-Bird!

:)

LOL!

I can see where there would be confusion.

I grew up as my generations' historian for my family. (can you believe I had an ancestor named icbarticus mercillia??).

while other folks were learning about the much publicized burning of the south by Sherman, I learned also about a little place in Florida where he got his butt handed to him (The battle of Olustee)and fled like a coward leaving not only soldiers but equipment behind as well!

I also had to work 3 times harder that alot of folks to find my family history around then, since Union soldiers burned my ancestors house (along with the family bible..where, back then, genealogical history was kept...marriages,deaths, births etc.) because they were afraid my family would supply Confederate soldiers with food. The house was a freebie I guess.

I took it personally when that kid said that everyone in Tn was inbred, brain-dead and corn-fed. This isn't my native state (GA is.)..but I've come to know quite a few fine folks here...and that ticked me off.

the wars' long over now..and we're all just folks...but that kid made me want to spit in his eye and step on his neck..and explain that the ONLY reason the North won the war was because they had numerical superiority and a solid industrial base..if he's an indication of brains....well boys, we got em licked! :) all the smart folks moved south already..LOL!!!!

Yeah, people want to move to the South not move north when given a chance. One thing that has stuck with me over the years is someone saying that whoever heard of retiring to the north? :(

I had over a hundred folks I could have joined Sons of Confederate Veterans under. Maybe a couple of them owned slaves. Mostly just hard working Georgia farmers who didn't like yankees (small "y") telling them what to do. I have a hefty streak of that in me. :)