Limits on ammunition possession

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mugster

Yeah, +1.

Neat and tidy for sure, use common sense. I try to put mine in metal storage cabinets on a concrete floor just to reduce fire risk but thats probably not necessary.

The thing to avoid here is a 5 pound jug of powder on its side spilling out next to your weed eater fuel.

I just bought all the Federal .22 LR the local Wallyworld had, LOL It is only 1800 rounds but the price was decent.

Yup...when the price was $9.97 the guy at the sporting goods counter acctually called me up to tell me that he was going to raise the price to $12 sometime during his shift and will wait for me to show up.

I am glad that the insurance/legal thing only applies to centerfire ammo.

30 minutes later I cleaned them out...35,200 rounds.

00002-1.jpg

can't find them bulk packs around here. I tried 6 different walmarts all around town one day and none of them had any. I also noticed not a one of them had WWB 9mm in 100 round packs either.

35,200 rounds? Holy sh*t and people call me crazy....thats a lifetime of plinking.

How long is that ammo good for?

Will last about 2 years at me and my family's current rate. It really isn't that much if you shoot a lot...many folks shoot that much in .45 to practice for bullseye and such.

We actually plink a lot at the CRC...bring a lot of friends, introduce a lot of people to shooting, etc... Pretty easy to consume 12,000 a year if you are there 4 or 5 times a month. That is the closet...you should see the reloading room.

+1 on seeing the reloading room.

Yup...on a rainy day like today...this is the best place to be. Trying to figure out the best Alliant 2400 load for some 350gr. 45/70s.

reloadroom-1.jpg

Down to about 15,000 lead bullets these days...kinda low on lead due to the stupid prices (Thus explaining why I buy so many .22lr). We cast a lot at my pop's place across town. Get about 3 or 4 friends over for reloading party every now and then...despite no progressive press...you can crank out quality ammo FAST with 2 good presses and people who know what they are doing.

• 2 weeks later...