NOLA cop death.

Daniel

On Monday, she stopped a man matching the description of a rape suspect, and a struggle ensued as she tried to arrest him.

The man, 44-year-old Bernel Johnson, grabbed Cotton's baton and beat her, New Orleans police said.

Surveillance video showed him grabbing her service revolver, a .40-caliber Glock, and shooting her 15 times in the head and body.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/02/01/slain.police.officer/index.html
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest canynracer

this freaking sucks!!! thoughts and prayers to her family and friends...

on a side note, the link you posted said shot 15 times...

but this link http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/01/29/cop.shot/index.html#cnnSTCText

says:

Johnson then tore the officer's gun from its holster and allegedly shot her once in the head and began to walk away. But he came back and shot her three more times, said spokesman Sgt. Joe Narcisse.

freaking news.....

On Monday, she stopped a man matching the description of a rape suspect, and a struggle ensued as she tried to arrest him.

The man, 44-year-old Bernel Johnson, grabbed Cotton's baton and beat her, New Orleans police said.

Surveillance video showed him grabbing her service revolver, a .40-caliber Glock, and shooting her 15 times in the head and body.

they also called a Glock a service revolver.. thats one of Rabbi's wheelguns ain't it? :D

heh.

I'm sorry to hear about the officer.

Marswolf has a good point. if you're going to send a chihuahua to subdue a german sheppard, perhaps you shouldn't be suprised.

Edited by towerclimber37
cause I'm stoopid

there was a story like this one in chattanooga a few years back.a female officer was over taken by a man and killed with her service revolver(lol)

IMO (and nothing sexist here)female officers should only be paird up with male officers.

there is no way someone(male or female) at 100 lbs +- can take down someone at 200+ lbs.

i just hate to hear stories like this

there was a story like this one in chattanooga a few years back.a female officer was over taken by a man and killed with her service revolver(lol)

IMO (and nothing sexist here)female officers should only be paird up with male officers.

there is no way someone(male or female) at 100 lbs +- can take down someone at 200+ lbs.

i just hate to hear stories like this

I don't really hate to hear it... if thou art stupid, thou shalt perish.

people need to be reminded of this. Unfortunately, this lady made a stupid decision and darwin called her on it.

I'm glad to know that he still cares enough to be impartial.

this freaking sucks!!! thoughts and prayers to her family and friends...

on a side note, the link you posted said shot 15 times...

but this link http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/01/29/cop.shot/index.html#cnnSTCText

says:

Johnson then tore the officer's gun from its holster and allegedly shot her once in the head and began to walk away. But he came back and shot her three more times, said spokesman Sgt. Joe Narcisse.

freaking news.....

this was posted right after it happened the one i posted was a few days later. maybe they changed the round count after the autopsy or realized the gun was empty.