Odd Ball Holsters

I carry a S&W 4516 in a old Don Hume holster that came with the gun when I got it from my grandfather. Who makes the best holster for the dollar spent as I cannot afford a 125 dollar custom holster. The main problem is no one makes a holster for my particular model. I have also searched for the 457 and the 3913tsw which are the exact same size as my gun. I want a new IWB rig without sacrificing next months mortgage.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clips are good as long as you have a decent belt. I personally prefer the clips but that's a decision you'll have to make.

I carry my P7M8 that way all the time. Sometimes use one for my little P3AT, but it more often goes into my back pocket.

I like that..the back pocket is great. if there's a mugging attempt, they'd think you're reaching for your wallet.

Guest looneeetunes
I carry in a Don Hume all the time. They are excellent holsters and are very reasonably priced.

How about the H715-M W.C.: Waistband Clip-On?

http://www.donhume.com/Products/ProductsPage.cfm?ProductID=35&SelectedWeapon=S%26W+4516-1&SelectedChartNumber=33

i just got that exact one for my taurus, i love it, i got it on ebay shipped for 24 bucks, and came with a don hume clip holster, also they have one of the tighest clips i have had on a clip holster

Hume has some interesting stuff.

I also have a couple of their paddle holsters. They are comfortable enough to carry all day. One interesting feature is that you can remove the paddle, and it has slots to use it on a belt as well.

h720%20ot1.jpg

H720 O.T.: 2 in 1 Open Top Paddle and Belt Slide

Guest TN.Frank

"Give a man a holster and he'll carry for a while, teach a man to make a holster and he'll carry for a life time.",LOL. Why not make your own? I taught myself to make holsters about 15 years ago and as long as I've got some 10oz Oak tanned leather and my sewing kit I can make about anything I want holster wise. It's not really that hard. You can wet form the holster to fit the gun perfectly and then a bit of olive oil on the leather after it drys will make it look great. Hit up the Minonites at Muddy Pond, get a double shoulder of Oak tanned leather and have at it. :cool:

Hit up the Minonites at Muddy Pond, get a double shoulder of Oak tanned leather and have at it. :cool:

I don't know where muddy pond is Frank...If I want leather stock, I have to go down to Cherokee. Since I'm not home that often, I'm thinking I'd do better to find a way to mail order my raw materials.

ideas? comments?

I have some leather working tools..I've only recently gotten into it and I LOVE it!

there's nothing more fun than making a beautiful and useful leather implement.

Guest TN.Frank

Muddy Pond is a little comunity just North and West of Clark Range, which is on Hwy. 127N. just about 18 miles N. of Crossville which is 70 miles West of Knoxville. I wish we had a Tandy Leather somewhere handy, they've got all kinds of good stuff but no such luck so I've got to get stuff where I can.