Glock 21 magazine release button

Guest AMERICAL

Guest AMERICAL

Pards: I have a Glock 21SF, is there anything that would make the release button easier to eject the mag from the gun? either I'm getting weak in my right thumb, from being old, cause it seems it takes forever for the magazine to release.

Any info or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this one of the models with the ambidextrous mag release?

If not, would an extended mag release help ? Glock does not make an extended mag release for the large frame models. Here is a link to an extended mag release that has good reviews.

Vickers Glock Mag Catch by Tango Down | Glock Mag Release

The mags that came with a 21SF should be drop free.

Edited by Karnage
Guest AMERICAL

Garula: The release button IS hard to push and release the magazine, I at times have to use 2 hands (1 to hold the weapon and the other to push the release button)

Looks like you posted just before i submitted my post. If you search around the web you'll find that the ambi models were plagued with issues including the one you have unfortunately. Glock consequently dropped the ambi 21 models all together. From what I understand Glock WILL take care of it though. Call them. They are supposedly replacing them with non ambi frames.

Edited by PaiMei

Push up on the base of the magazine. That will take a little pressure of the lever that pushes up against the magazine cutout. When you do that, the magazine release button will push in as normal. You probably will not have to do this if you have 12 rounds or less in the magazine. It is mainly when you have 13 rounds in the magazine that the pressure on the metal lever is so, that it can be hard to push the magazine release button in.