small of the back holster?

Guest buttonhook

Guest buttonhook
One other thing... I know you say you have shoulder problems, and I can certainly appreciate that... but, to draw the gun the way we're discussing, or to draw it from the holster OhShoot showed you in post #12? requires the same shoulder movement. It's only rolling your hand/wrist over that's different.

believe it or not it is the rolling of the arm and the wrist while it is in that position that is the problem. that very slight movement is a NO GO! I can do it I understand the problem with stuff getting in the way. i consider it like pulling from a tucked in shirt(which I carry alot) it's just something I'll have to understand and practice.

Oh SHOOT,

I dont plan on wearing it at the 6:00 position more the 4:30-5:00 so it would not really be any different than where I carry now just a different movement to draw

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno, Button... you may can make it work for you.

Without being there, seeing where you want to put your hand and how, all I can do is tell you what I've tried myself. And for me, it just doesn't work.

I have a similar issue. What I suggest is an adjustable left hand draw holster, that you can adjust to a rearward cant instead of a forward traditional cant. I ordered one for my Bersa Thunder 9 Pro this way. I'm right handed, but I ordered the left hand model and the cant is infinitely adjustable forward and backward. The way i have mine canted is if it is on the left hip, the butt of the gun would be leaning WAY back, but I wear it just to the right of the small of my back...that way the gun is presented in just the manner you describe. I ordered mine on line and it was aroiund 60 bucks I think. If this doesnt make sense I can take some pics tonight and post later. The problem is that not too many holsters are able to be canted enough to the rear...most cant to the front...I only found one that works for me...I sometimes use a nylon belt slide for a lefty, but on my belt to the right side of the SOB with my PF-9 in it...also works for the kind of draw. the traditional SOB draw just is way iuncomfortable for my wrists. Here is an example of what I got, but this pic is the right hand model. I got the lefty. YourGunParts.com / CondorsFlight.com

Guest buttonhook
I dunno, Button... you may can make it work for you.

Without being there, seeing where you want to put your hand and how, all I can do is tell you what I've tried myself. And for me, it just doesn't work.

well thanks for your input...that is what i was wanting

Guest buttonhook
I have a similar issue. What I suggest is an adjustable left hand draw holster, that you can adjust to a rearward cant instead of a forward traditional cant. I ordered one for my Bersa Thunder 9 Pro this way. I'm right handed, but I ordered the left hand model and the cant is infinitely adjustable forward and backward. The way i have mine canted is if it is on the left hip, the butt of the gun would be leaning WAY back, but I wear it just to the right of the small of my back...that way the gun is presented in just the manner you describe. I ordered mine on line and it was aroiund 60 bucks I think. If this doesnt make sense I can take some pics tonight and post later. The problem is that not too many holsters are able to be canted enough to the rear...most cant to the front...I only found one that works for me...I sometimes use a nylon belt slide for a lefty, but on my belt to the right side of the SOB with my PF-9 in it...also works for the kind of draw. the traditional SOB draw just is way iuncomfortable for my wrists. Here is an example of what I got, but this pic is the right hand model. I got the lefty. YourGunParts.com / CondorsFlight.com

that would be worth a try!!!...but they dont make it for my gun....OF course!!

Guest buttonhook

I would like to try one of those just to see if it would work....if it does I would like to have one that would attach to the belt and not as a paddle though

I know the link I sent you showed the paddle, but mine has belt slots. I like it alot, but dont use it alot as that gun is for another use usually. Look around for a lefty belt holster that has adjustable cant in BOTH directions and I think yoiu will find one that works...I didnt think I ever would but since stumbling on this one, I now know what I need for that position in other guns. Now I gotta find one to wear in that manner for my PF-9. One thing that will help me is that a salesman at Gun City (where I usually dont like to shop) showed me that some 1911 leather holsters will fit my Keltec PF-9. That considerably broadens my available options as there are far more made for that than the PF-9. Likewise, my FNP-45 will fit in SOME XD leather holsters. So, try some leather ones that may be made for a different gun, but look like they may fit. You might be surprised.