Got a Gen 4 Glock 26

Guest ryan02

Guest ryan02

Picked up a Gen 4 Glock 26 today and I'm ready for a weekend at the range. Went to see Phillip at Bellshire Guns to get the gun, picked up a CrossBreed Holster at D&T and now ready to run a few hundered rounds through it tomorrow.

IMG_3286.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a theory...:(

How is the Gen 4 so different for you than the Gen 3?

The gen 3 felt like holding a 2X4 because of my tiny hands. As you probably know, they shrunk the grip diameter and now offer different size backstraps. That was the main reason I didn't like it. The new mag release is a HUGE improvement. I can actually reach it without having to shift my grip.

The gen 3 felt like holding a 2X4 because of my tiny hands. As you probably know, they shrunk the grip diameter and now offer different size backstraps. That was the main reason I didn't like it. The new mag release is a HUGE improvement. I can actually reach it without having to shift my grip.

Are you the tiny hand guy from that Burger King ad? Glad to hear it ran flawless.

Erik can't shoot for **** :) but I did get to fire his new 26 today and was impressed. Not quite what I expected, i.e. the small grip always concerned me, but no troubles! It's a Glock. Shoots and handles like one.

BTW ryan02, nice choice. Seems to be a great gun. :(

sure did. And I worked on that the rest of the day. Glad you pointed it out actually because I had no idea my massive biceps were causing me to pull to the left :(.........

seriously though, thanks for telling me. Main thing I need to do is work on trigger control and SLLLLOOOOWW DOOOOWN.

But to the OP, let us know when you shoot the Gen 4. I bet you'll love it.

sure did. And I worked on that the rest of the day. Glad you pointed it out actually because I had no idea my massive biceps were causing me to pull to the left :up:.........

seriously though, thanks for telling me. Main thing I need to do is work on trigger control and SLLLLOOOOWW DOOOOWN.

But to the OP, let us know when you shoot the Gen 4. I bet you'll love it.

Dy fire, dry fire, dry fire. And then dry fire some more with a dime on the front sight. You should easisly be able to pull the trigger and not have the coin fall off the sight. Unless you use an XS sight or something similar.

Hell, I can't hold a gun with a dime on the front sight, let alone try to pull the trigger...

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are that's funny !!!:up:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Republican
that makes 2 of us. I bought one today as well. I put 250 flawless rounds though mine today. For some reason I couldn't shoot it worth a crap though. Can't figure out if my sights are off or if I just suck.

Tighten/Lock up yor wrists. It makes a difference to me anyways.

Did they change anything beside the adjustable backstrap and grip finish?

not so much grip finish but grip texture.

also a larger magazine release.

And since the G26 already had the duel recoil spring they didn't have to change it like they did for other models.