Carrying during pickup/dropoff @ Airport?

Guest abartjc

Guest abartjc

I don't remember them covering this in my carry class, is it legal to carry (with HCP of course) at the airport if I am picking up or dropping off?

I wouldn't go to the extent of walking into the building with it but I pretty much carry anywhere I go.

Thanks!

-abartjc

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HexHead
Depends on the airport. Nashville you can't carry even in the ticketing area. The airport is like any other business that can restrict firearms.

I remember seeing the international no symbol at the terminal, but is it properly posted as well? Like it has to be when the intl. symbol is used?

Guest ChopperGuy

I asked this question of one of the security guards the last time I traveled, it was a resounding "NO, are you crazy?", but I did not see this posted anywhere on the doors going into the airport. :P

Tri-Cities is posted, but I don't know if they are properly posted. I haven't flown out of there through the terminal in years.

But the pertinent info is that an airport terminal, before the security check area, must be posted just like any other commercial business or most government places.

I'll have to look the next time I am up there but I think i recall seeing it posted on a sign when you walk in. Not sure who you are referring to when you say security guard but the person I talked to is a friend of mine from high school that is on the Airport Police Dept not TSA or the parking guard walkng around outside. They are LEOs just like any other police dept. If i remember right the sign is posted at the entrance to the door and it basically says that weapons are banned expect for ones in checked baggage. Can't remmeber the exact verbage though.

They knew you were coming :lol::censored:

Hehe, yeah we took Cheryl's daughter to the airport a couple weeks ago and bam there's your sign. It got me out of staying there until she checked in and went past security, at least. :love:

I meant to add it to the database then, but having CRS made me forget by the time I got home.

Guest BigBoostDSM

Definitely a no-go in Knoxville. As said, it's been posted according to the law. As long as you don't go inside with the person you're picking up/dropping off you are fine. I hate to admit it, but I have carried in that airport. I didn't see the signs when I walked in, but noticed them when I walked out :rolleyes: