Fun with Glock aftermarket parts

I finally did a complete disassembly on my three Glocks (19,26 and 30). It's amazing how simple these guns are to take apart. I installed the 3.5lb connector and extended slide stop in the 19 and 30. I am leaving the 26 stock for now, but I have already been online looking to get a titanium stiker, titanium fpb and tungsten guide rod for the G19 and 30.

I think that this may become as bad as BRD, but it's going to be fun.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's one of the things Glock haters don't understand. One of the easiest guns to

repair and one of the most reliable guns made, all in one package. Did it take you 5

minutes on the connector?

That's one of the things Glock haters don't understand. One of the easiest guns to

repair and one of the most reliable guns made, all in one package. Did it take you 5

It might have taken less than five minutes.

Seaslug(Brian) came by my house a few weeks ago and showed me how to completely strip my Glock 19. It was really neat and amazing that these guns are so simple.

Hey Link, I've not heard much about the titanium parts. What the scoop? Are they just stronger?

Funny how you guys talk about how reliable they are in conjunction with how easy they are to fix and how available after market parts are. ;) Just sayin! (tongue in cheke fella's)

They are simple, but there are many like the M&P and XD that are even easier to dissasemble.... and saferto boot.

Seaslug(Brian) came by my house a few weeks ago and showed me how to completely strip my Glock 19. It was really neat and amazing that these guns are so simple.

Hey Link, I've not heard much about the titanium parts. What the scoop? Are they just stronger?

Stronger and lighter.

Funny how you guys talk about how reliable they are in conjunction with how easy they are to fix and how available after market parts are. ;) Just sayin! (tongue in cheke fella's)

They are simple, but there are many like the M&P and XD that are even easier to dissasemble.... and saferto boot.

I can't knock the M&P line. I sold a .45 and currently own a 9mm. The trigger was the only issue that I had with the M&P. I fixed that with Apex Tactical parts. The M&P really points and shoots well. Glocks still rock.

how is the XD line safer to disassemble? Both XD and Glock require pulling the trigger?

Yes Glocks are reliable, but anything can break. He was just saying that in the event that something breaks the Glocks are very easy to take apart and fix.

We all know how much you dislike Glocks Smith.....move along now ;)

They are simple, but there are many like the M&P and XD that are even easier to disassemble.... and saferto boot.

Oh I know, but you know that safety depends on a lot of factors, primarily the handler, and

not the gun. I was initially concerned about carrying my first Glock cocked, but it was my naivete.

I've even advanced into the world of SIG's, lately, and now a wheel gun(that Taurus .357), but

the Glock stays on the hip.

how is the XD line safer to disassemble? Both XD and Glock require pulling the trigger?

Yes Glocks are reliable, but anything can break. He was just saying that in the event that something breaks the Glocks are very easy to take apart and fix.

We all know how much you dislike Glocks Smith.....move along now ;)

I don't dislike them. I 've had 3 of them. I just don't like Glock lovers. Outside of politicians people they are about the most unreasonably biased people around! Hahaha!

Guest Bronker
I finally did a complete disassembly on my three Glocks (19,26 and 30). It's amazing how simple these guns are to take apart. I installed the 3.5lb connector and extended slide stop in the 19 and 30. I am leaving the 26 stock for now, but I have already been online looking to get a titanium stiker, titanium fpb and tungsten guide rod for the G19 and 30.

I think that this may become as bad as BRD, but it's going to be fun.

The extended slide lock...easy enough to do for an amateur? This is one of the few mods I want to do to all of mine.

I don't dislike them. I 've had 3 of them. I just don't like Glock lovers. Outside of politicians people they are about the most unreasonably biased people around! Hahaha!

you didn't answer my question......I sense foot in mouth syndrome ;)

but I agree there is nothing worse than someone who thinks that it's either Glock or nothing else... It's just like the Ford vs Chevy debate that will never end. Or if you're on TGO the Nissan Titan vs Tundra lol....

I also see the irony of you commenting on this thread saying you hate Glock lovers when you have a M&P avatar and come in claiming(more or less) how they are superior to Glocks. Ironic for sure!!

I try to remain unbiased. I know what I like but I don't crap on others for disagreeing. I've only shot 1 M&P and I really liked it. I could see myself owning 1 eventually.

I just sold the only XD that I had. It was a great gun. 100% reliable and very accurate. Overall I prefer the Glock line but I will probably miss that gun eventually.

Well, just so you know, I like 'em all. Some more than others, but my collection

is slanted towards the Austrian original.

Now, back on track. There was a video out there somewhere showing how to really

fine tune a Glock by mostly polishing the existing parts. It was something like "Glock

tune up for 10 bucks", not sure maybe "Cheap Glock Tune up". I've disassembled mine

and changed all the connectors, but mostly just cleaned them thoroughly. It's a great

change from hearing a spring fly by your ear from an AR:D Thank goodness that only

happened twice.

I also see the irony of you commenting on this thread saying you hate Glock lovers when you have a M&P avatar and come in claiming(more or less) how they are superior to Glocks. Ironic for sure!!

I didn't imply the M&P or anything else was superior. There are some features that are better. Some that are not. I like the features of the XD the most, but i don't like a high bore axis, so I don't have them anymore. I've had at least one of just about everything out there and there is a reason I keep switching. I also have had at one time or another and XD, M&P, CZ, Ruger, S&W and several other manufacutures avatars.

I do like that Glock is finally addressing the main issue that some of us hated about Glocks, the grip.

Anyway, I guess I did intend to wrinkle the Glock lovers panties so I'll leave it alone. For the OP's intentions the Glock is a great gun. I wouldn't hesitate having another G19 at some point.

I do like that Glock is finally addressing the main issue that some of us hated about Glocks, the grip.

Anyway, I guess I did intend to wrinkle the Glock lovers panties so I'll leave it alone. For the OP's intentions the Glock is a great gun. I wouldn't hesitate having another G19 at some point.

I agree about the grip. That is the one thing I dislike. My XD felt more natural in my hand. I have a Gen 4 26 and the new grip is a nice improvement over gen 3 but still not perfect.

has anyone done the .25 trigger job?

Yes, I have done it. Very easy to do. Just be careful with the polishing.

I didn't feel a big difference after I did the polish job. I ended up going with a Vanek Classic Grandmaster trigger. Classic Trigger Kits - Vanek Custom

Vast improvement. You have to be careful because the trigger is extremely light.

Concerning Glock-haters, I don't think I have met one yet. While Glocks are by no means my favorite handgun, they are the first recommendation I make to people who want an inexpensive and reliable handgun.