Anyone with a suppressed .22 or 9mm around Memphis?

Guest BenderBendingRodriguez

This request may be completely out of line, but I was wondering if anyone had a suppressed .22 or 9mm (or both!) anywhere around the Memphis area, and would be willing to demonstrate somewhere that would not require ear protection. Pistol, rifle, carbine... doesn't matter.

Been considering jumping through all the hoops, but before I spend all that time and money, I would love to see (hear?) the approximate results I should expect.

Again, not sure if this is totally out of line, and I know some people like to keep their special somethin' somethin' secret and hidden away, but my curiosity is certainly getting the best of me.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go to l&a firearms in union city tn they deal in aac and gem tech, tell them your interested and you want to here one and they will take you out side and demo a nine or 22. Good guys

Go to l&a firearms in union city tn they deal in aac and gem tech, tell them your interested and you want to here one and they will take you out side and demo a nine or 22. Good guys

I may have to give that a shot. It's a little bit of a drive, but not too bad. Plus, I could see multiple examples in one place...

Does range usa not have any suppressed stuff to try or rent? Also still probably as far but great outdoor store here in jackson rent or may let you try a 22 and they have a suppressed full auto mp5 if you really want to have fun. I seem to think range had some goodies though but its been a few thousand rounds since i've been there.

Does range usa not have any suppressed stuff to try or rent? Also still probably as far but great outdoor store here in jackson rent or may let you try a 22 and they have a suppressed full auto mp5 if you really want to have fun. I seem to think range had some goodies though but its been a few thousand rounds since i've been there.

I know Range USA has full-auto, but I don't recall seeing any suppressed pieces. Also, and perhaps equally important, there's no way I would have a chance to hear any of them without ear protection while everyone else was shooting.

i might be up there at union city this sat if you want to here mine i have a 22 and a 7.62. just let me know if you think you are coming up. you can visit reelfoot lake to and a 4wheeler and harley store to haha. they have suppresspors in stock and forsalel help with paper work to. there the only class three that i know of around west tn.

Guest crotalus01

Hey BenderBendingRodriguez,

I have a Walther P-22 with YHM Mite. If you are free on a Saturday in the near future when the weather is nice and dont mind making about an hour drive, I can bring it out to West Tennessee Skydiving when I go jump (Somerville/Whiteville area). We have a shooting area out there and you can hear it without earplugs. I also have a M11 9mm with the Lage Max 11 upper and Lage .22 conversion - I dont have the adapter to fit my .22 can on it at the moment but might be fun for you if you have never shot full auto before, and I can put the original upper back on it and you can shoot it with my Bowers CAC-9 can on it - wont really give you much of an idea what a 9mm can would sound like because the bolt clatter is so loud (but it is hearing safe with the can).

And if you are really game you could make a skydive while you are there!

PM me if you would be interested...

Edited by crotalus01
add name
Guest crotalus01

LOL M14man, RangeUSA does NFA sales and transfers as does Guns and Ammo on Summer Ave in Memphis. Top Brass will also do NFA transfers (not sure about sales) in Millington. In Mississippi there is a place in Walls that manufactures and sells suppressors and does NFA sales and transfers. In short, there are several options for NFA stuff in West Tennessee...

LOL M14man, RangeUSA does NFA sales and transfers as does Guns and Ammo on Summer Ave in Memphis. Top Brass will also do NFA transfers (not sure about sales) in Millington. In Mississippi there is a place in Walls that manufactures and sells suppressors and does NFA sales and transfers. In short, there are several options for NFA stuff in West Tennessee...

might be true but i dont live in memphis so i wouldnt know, been to range and guns and ammo didnt see any in stock, in stock and free demo at union city but if i was in memphis id check them out first its a good drive. also no charge to do paper work at union city. just trying to help you get up this way msg me and i can show you a 308, and 22 can.

Guest crotalus01
I'm afraid to ask what Guns & Ammo would charge for a class III transfer when a regular firearm transfer is $100.

$200 transfer fee regardless of whether you purchase what they have in stock or they have to order from the manufacturer.

Guest crotalus01
Shameless Plug: Arms-Fair in Cordova also does NFA transfers and sales. We don't have a lot in stock yet (we're new to it), but we can order almost anything. $100 fee for an NFA transfer, $0 fee if you buy the item from us.

Awesome, thanks for that shameless plug! I will definitely be by to check out you guys stock. Thats a really sweet deal and I am in the market for a KEG-12 as soon as I have the $$$ in hand.

Do you guys have a gunsmith that can work on NFA weapons? I need some TIG welding and some extractor work done on my MG.

Guest crotalus01
might be true but i dont live in memphis so i wouldnt know, been to range and guns and ammo didnt see any in stock, in stock and free demo at union city but if i was in memphis id check them out first its a good drive. also no charge to do paper work at union city. just trying to help you get up this way msg me and i can show you a 308, and 22 can.

Hey m14man, I hope I didnt come across wrong, I wasnt trying to be rude. Guns and Ammo does stock a few cans, but you have to ask for them as they are not generally on display.

Guest crotalus01
Crotalus, when my stamp gets back, we need to go shoot some!

I would be up for that Capbyrd.

RangeUSA is cool about shooting NFA as long as its pistol caliber - just make sure you have your F3 with you as they will want to glance at it (they check mine anytime I bring my MG up there to shoot even though they are the ones who did the transfer for me!). PM me when you tax stamp gets in and we can set something up :rolleyes: