Anyone do cars?

Guest Blown4v

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just purchased a Miata. Is it my dream car? No. But it makes for a pretty good "poor while in college car" and is very rewarding to drive. Though this one will probably stay close to stock, I am planning on building a Lotus Seven based replica from the ground up (based on Miata parts) after I graduate and get established.

split time between my Land Cruiser and Mazdaspeeed Miata. 5498347270_86fff2d7c1_b.jpg5497754637_aec6427d2c_b.jpg

To the post above about a miata as a college car, the miata's have a very buildable setup. With very minot mods, I think I'm hitting about 200HP at the wheels with 10PSI. Several hundred $$ would get me to $250. A couple of thousand would be 300hp. Needless to say, you don't need a lot of HP or $ to make these things super quick. I think I've surprised a few camaros, mustangs and Z's....:(

Here's a dragon shot from last Sa.

PhotoReflect - Xtreme Sports Photography - The Dragon Feb. 26th Saturday 2011

Here's the land cruiser:

4468686544_d175929928_z.jpg

It needs a rear bumper with swing away tire carrier. DRM won't build me one for free, so let me know if you have any sources in Knoxville area.

Edited by wareagle
Guest Blown4v
Oh it's ugly as hell right now but it goes pretty good. Will paint after this season.

care to share setup? If not, I get it..

care to share setup? If not, I get it..

No secret. BBC, Reher Morrison worked Dart 360's and Vic intake. Hebert Solid Roller. PTC Glide and Converter, 1150 Dominator on VP113, Lemons headers,

MSD 7AL3, Billet front mount MSD Dist, etc. etc. Aerospace discs all around, Stock suspension, QA1 coilovers, tube K-member and control arms, ARB, Double adj uppers, single lowers UPR. 12 point with 8.50 cert. Weighs 2500 without driver.

Guest bubruins

I'm probably going to keep this car pretty close to stock. It's a '96 M-Edition that I found in pretty good shape at a very good price. My goal is reliability at stock performance for now (boring, I know). That way I can continue driving it until I have money for a locost or similar contraption and I've put a large amount of equity into a home. It makes for a very fun daily driver as it is but I'm sure a ride in a turbo Miata could change that mindset :bowrofl:

Yup... the car hobby supercedes my gun hobby.

I currently have a 1970 Oldsmobile Cutlass 442 W-30 4-speed that I never drive, and a 1997 Toyota Supra that I have set up as a track car (not drag). The Cutlass has some bolt-ons (older, period-correct parts), like a Holly 750, Hooker Supercomp headers, and an old Edelbrock intake manifold. It makes around 410HP and 460ft. lbs out of a 455. The Supra is on a built motor and head, with a larger turbo and supporting mods, and has made a variety of numbers: 832RWHP (back in 2007), 620RWHP in 2008 after a turbo swap for more response, and on down to around 600RWHP with an even smaller turbo at 21psi, but with gobs of torque and a powerband that's just awesome. It's currently set up with strength in all the right areas: brakes, suspension, and aero in the form of an undertray. It's running 110Leaded.

Here are a couple of pictures...

Your running leaded gas in the 2jz? What type of supporting mods did you have to do?

Guest m14man

since the fox was posted here are some other projects of mine kinda similar

23712_1123358620480_1722561967_223207_649382_n.jpg

before the tare down and improvements

180417_1290564120513_1722561967_516924_2878547_n.jpg

during

180648_1290564280517_1722561967_516925_6239470_n.jpg

61317_1195801591509_1722561967_367440_3330124_n.jpg

just a smallblock chevy all 785hp na

053.jpg

car runs 5.40 1/8th before bunches of improvements including fogger insted of plate new motor new suspension new rearend should run 5.1x to 5.0x on 275 60 x15 drag radials at 3200 lbs. oh yea car is still street legal all head lights and turn signals and brake lights full intrior the works.

Guest m14man
Oh it's ugly as hell right now but it goes pretty good. Will paint after this season.

fs1.jpg

looks good hope to see ya at the track. motor looks awesome.

Guest 73challenger

I think I am going to finally run mine when Bristol opens back. I REALLY want to know what it will run. It's a 360 with RHS heads, INDY rockers, comp big mother thumper hydraulic roller, LT headers, magnaflow X pipe exhaust, 750DP, 3.73s, and a PTC convertor. I wish I would have built it a little slower so I could have a stroker now!

looks good hope to see ya at the track. motor looks awesome.

Sweet Camaro, I wish all of my parts were on a collectable car. I hate foxes, but they are cheap and easy to make go fast. See you at the track.

Guest m14man
Sweet Camaro, I wish all of my parts were on a collectable car. I hate foxes, but they are cheap and easy to make go fast. See you at the track.

yeah but if you hit the wall its easier to fix the car was bought it was already a outlaw car so thats why it still is otherwise the combo would be in something else, its really to nice of a car to be a drag car just cant convert it back yet. hope it doesnt go into the wall.

Guest Moody

Man, there are some NICE cars in here, especially the Chevelle, and the GTO. Absolutely awesome, guys. Keep the hobby up, because if the politicians had their way, they'd take this away from us, too.

I feel out of place a little but I'll post a picture of my junk.

l.jpg

01 Tacoma 4x4 4cyl 5spd 225k miles 2.5" lift via Bilstein 5100 struts and shocks and top guns customz shackles Nitto Terra Grapplers.

Nothing special but it's my daily driver, I take it to windrock every chance I get. Any other 4x4's out there?

• 3 weeks later...
I feel out of place a little but I'll post a picture of my junk.

l.jpg

01 Tacoma 4x4 4cyl 5spd 225k miles 2.5" lift via Bilstein 5100 struts and shocks and top guns customz shackles Nitto Terra Grapplers.

Nothing special but it's my daily driver, I take it to windrock every chance I get. Any other 4x4's out there?

My 97 Tacoma

186469d8-534c-a631.jpg

186469d8-5358-e3d0.jpg

I'm running over 220k on my fourbanger too. That motor just won't die!

Is anyone a gear head here? I am but am trying to ween myself off of it. I have had more mustangs than I care to count. Current is an 04 Cobra with only a few mods, wife is keeping me in check.

Anyone else in the hobby?

I'm trying to do the same I have had a bunch of different cars but currently my toy is an 04 cobra with a ported heaton and some laughing gas...right now its down for a fuel system overhaul.

i dont have anything as purty as what i am seeing but do have a ragged 82 dodge pu 1/2 ton with cummins in it. last time at the strip several years ago short times were 1.80s. 0-60 5.1. did use 9 in. slicks. street tires are useless with that light rear end.