Taurus lifetime warranty

Guest tlondon

Guest tlondon

I have to give props to Taurus. While at the range a while back, I was shooting my taurus 85. After shooting a cylinder full of rounds I opend the cylinder and it fell off in my hand (the cylinder). I sent it to Taurus on the 22nd of Feb and recieved it back repaired today (march 4th). 10 days turn around is pretty good in my book. With all of the horror stories I have heard about Taurus customer service/warranty service I thought it would be nice to hear about a positive interaction with them

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a great turn around. They had my M85 for 6 months. That was a couple of years ago. I really liked my little M85 snubby. I always wanted the pimp version with the gold and pearl.... I traded my M85SSUL for an XDm-40. (plus cash). There's something about the snub nosed 38sp that appeals to me. I have a S&W model 36 now.

I have avoided buying Taurus pistols, not because of bad quality, but because of bad customer service. Hope your experience means that they have changed for the better. Traditionally the Taurus Lifetime Warranty meant you'd be waiting a lifetime before you got your weapon back.

Guest tlondon
Hows the price for the shipping to them these days?

I haven't had a bad experience with them as of yet.

Cost me $12 and some change for 2day air with fedex

My son had a PT92 with a bad chip on the front of the frame near the feed ramp on the barrel,it was there when he bought it used from a pawn shop and didnt inspect the pistol close enough.He called Taurus and they had him send it in for their inspection,in short about a month later he received a brand new PT92 with the rail,completely replaced the pistol with new.I would say he received very good customer service.Considering it was broke when he bought it.

Taurus gets a bad rap sometimes but I have PY145 I have been carrying every day for over a decade. I lost round count a looong time ago.

Agreed. The oldest pistol in my collection is a PT92 from around '91. Liked it so much it was the only one I kept when I sold my collection down to that sole pistol. Though I do not have an exact round count, I would say it has easily over 10,000 rounds. For years heard the horror stories and pretty much figured I was only hearing about the worst cases, then I experienced Taurus's crappy customer service for myself. (see post #72 at //http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/handguns/16946-taurus-warranty-stinks-8.html#post329778 )