Campfire recipes

Camping season in the Southeast ends in June and starts in October. Here is a great a trick that was passed down to me on how to make the best campfire bisquits I've ever had. Take a 1/2 dowl rod and smooth over one end so there are no edges. You can cut a stick and do the same thing. Then get a can of Pillsbury Flakey Bisquits, the kind that pop open when you hit agin the counter. Take the flakey bisquit doe and form it around the end of the stick. Hold the stick over the hot coals of a fire until they are a golden brown. When you take the bisquit off the stick it'll have a hole in it. Fill that hole with some butter and jelly. It beats roasting marshmellows by a mile. It just takes a little longer.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BenderBendingRodriguez
We used to cover potatoes with a thick layer of mud and throw into the coals. When done, the mud is dried, and cracks like concrete. Remove this, and you have a perfect baked potato.

I like to eat my potato skins. How much of the mud comes off in the cracking stage?

WIth camping season nigh, I thought I'd share a breafast recipe we tried last year.

Line the bottom of a brown paper lunch bag with bacon. Cover with frozen hash brown potatoes, cover with two eggs, salt and pepper. Fold the top of the paper bag closed and sit on a grill or grate over the campfire for about 25-30 minutes; or until the eggs are done. You can eat it from the bag, and throw the empty bag into the fire.

A great breakfast with little effort and no cleanup. Got any you'd like to share?

How does the bacon get crispy?