Sort of new in Chattanooga

Guest GUTTERbOY

Guest GUTTERbOY

Hi all! Followed a link here from a guy at thehighroad.org.

Little about me: I grew up in Youngsville, NC, a little town about 25 miles NW of Raleigh. My brother moved out here with his wife after he got married, and I ended up following him to partner in his budding software business. Been here about six months now, and liking it so far!

Looking forward to finding some folks around here to shoot with.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GUTTERbOY
If looking for a good place to shoot for free then come down to prentice cooper.I am there every 2 or 3 weeks http://www.mouseguns.com/prentice/prentice.htm

hit me up if you want to get out that way

I've actually been down to PC once already. Needed to check zero on my deer rifle before I went out in the field. Decent little place.

Any decent indoor ranges for handgun shooting near me? I'm about to get a pistol again (had to sell my carry piece before I left NC), and I'd like to have somewhere closer than PC to shoot. I've seen a place near Hixson Pike and 153, but a guy I know from work didn't seem to think highly of it. I've not had the chance to go in there myself. But if PC's the best, so be it. Once upon a time, I was in the habit of shooting once a week to keep myself somewhat sharp. I would be interested in doing some practical shooting sometime, too... even if I'll probably embarass myself. :)

I've actually been down to PC once already. Needed to check zero on my deer rifle before I went out in the field. Decent little place.

Any decent indoor ranges for handgun shooting near me? I'm about to get a pistol again (had to sell my carry piece before I left NC), and I'd like to have somewhere closer than PC to shoot. I've seen a place near Hixson Pike and 153, but a guy I know from work didn't seem to think highly of it. I've not had the chance to go in there myself. But if PC's the best, so be it. Once upon a time, I was in the habit of shooting once a week to keep myself somewhat sharp. I would be interested in doing some practical shooting sometime, too... even if I'll probably embarass myself. :(

I would not go there unless you plan on doing alot of shooting.he is a bit high on his membership,but offers free time once a week I think with a membership.There is another guy on 58hwy(carters shooting) that offers a two typs of memberships.one is similar to hixon pk(high cost ms,shoot your own ammo)and the other is low cost ms ,after ms fee its 10.00 to shoot each trip,but you have to buy his ammo and targets that is higher than wally world ofcourse.

I can useally save anywhere from 40-70 dollars by going to PC which makes the trip worth it for me.

unfortunately these are the ony two indoor ranges close,and I think they have there prices locked in with each other,so untill another one opens I dont see prices coming down any time soon.

or just call me a cheap skate,I just like to spend my dollars shooting,not paying somebody to let me shoot;)