M&P 40c and Some Accessories

DAdams

I purchased a S&W M&P 40c a few weeks back.

I ordered it from a dealer who offered a decent price with factory installed Trijicon night sights and came with three magazines.

Since I want to be able to shoot more economical 9mm for practice I ordered a drop in Storm Lake 9mm stainless barrel, made right here in Lenoir City, TN. This of course requires 9mm magazines. I have a 9Pro with full size magazines I can use with an X-Grip.

I also bought some full sized .40 magazines and an X-Grip to up the capacity for HD.

The last addition that can be applied to this handgun or anything with a rail is a

Viridian C5L Green Laser/LED 100 Lumen light.

I haven't applied the 9mm barrel or laser at the range yet, but will report back when it happens.

Here is what it looks like with the X-Grip and C5L.

P1010013-2-1.jpg

P1010017-2.jpg

C5Lstore.jpg

Photo Courtesy of Viridian and a holster is forth coming for the M&Pc.

tacloc_banner.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you think of that Viridian Green laser

I'll have to reserve full judgement until I wring it out at the range. So far...

I like the compact size of the C5L. It doesn't stick out passed the muzzle of the compact.

It was easy to mount and comes with different rails for picatinny or weaver. Also came with tools to adjust elevation and windage. Reviewing the instructions on calibrating it seems straight forward.

The LED is rated at 100 Lumens which is decent. The reflector seems to be more arranged for flood than throw, which would make it good for clearing rooms as opposed to outdoor long distance. Battery is a CR2. The replacements I keep around in a CR2 are 900 mAH. There is a auto shutoff after 10 minutes IIRC. I'm thinking with light and laser on simultaneously you get 1 hours at room temperature. There is a low battery indication as-well.

Power Source/Battery Life: One CR2 3V lithium (included); 4+ hours laser (constant), 7+ hours (pulsing), 1+ hour (tac light and laser)

The UI is ambi and easy to reach with the index finger or weak hand. The modes are programmable. Right now I have it set up LED High, laser constant. When I go to the range I will get rid of the LED, unless I go to CCA which is so damn dark I way want to use it or try the night sights.

Since the C5L is a rail mount I can move it around. There is no reason why it couldn't be fitted to my AR since daylight range is 50 yards and 2 miles at night.

I have a couple of Crimson Trace grips on revolvers I like them for point shoot training and hopefully the unfair advantage.

There are some videos on the Viridian websight and on You Tube. They seem to get positive results thus far.