Guest Archimedes

I'll admit I have one, but I don't carry it. I have it on the wall with my other collectables.

I thought it was cool. I got the one that looks like the US marshal ones

I, too, would have a real badge if my right eye were not so screwed up.

Actually, I'd be flying helicopters in the military or for some LE agency if my eyes were good enough. :blush:

Boo-hoo.

Soon, fellas.....soon....I hope----->> http://www.rotorway.com/

OMG, ninja copter!!! ---->> http://www.abovetopsecret.com/pages/comanche.html I couldn't find the one where it does barrel rolls and loops!!!

<--really cool...one of the coolest heli vids I've seen. "I'm a pilot, I can fly" LAWL!!

~Archi

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll admit I have one, but I don't carry it. I have it on the wall with my other collectables.

Actually, I'd be flying helicopters in the military or for some LE agency if my eyes were good enough. :blush:

Boo-hoo.

OMG, ninja copter!!! ---->> http://www.abovetopsecret.com/pages/comanche.html I couldn't find the one where it does barrel rolls and loops!!!

<--really cool...one of the coolest heli vids I've seen. "I'm a pilot, I can fly" LAWL!!

~Archi

My dad flew Cobra's and was working on the Apache when he was in the Army. This was prior to the Apache becoming the work horse of the Army/Marines.

Guest Hornet Handler
My dad flew Cobra's and was working on the Apache when he was in the Army. This was prior to the Apache becoming the work horse of the Army/Marines.

Marines don't use Apaches. Just Cobras. AH-1W Super Cobra. :blush:

Guest GlocKingTN
Marines don't use Apaches. Just Cobras. AH-1W Super Cobra. ;)

Both of them are "the chit"! So it really dont matter any way....:)

No no no as I said I didn't write that. I'd love to take credit for it though.

I remember seeing it on packing.org... The goof who writes this stuff is a troll who goes by 'molonlave'. Some of his posts are indeed down-right hilarious though... here's another one: :rant:

Posted Nov 15, 2006 @ 3:23 pm CST

WARNING: This post has been moderated as inappropriate content. It is the property of the poster (all rights reserved) and reflects neither the opinions of packing.org nor the majority of its readers.

Suppressed revolvers are the ultimate tactical home-defense weapon!

I have a customized, blackened-stainless S&W X-frame 500 Magnum with a 4" barrel, threaded for a custom sound-suppressor. It is still really loud, but I can fire it indoors without ear-protection. I keep it next to my mattress on the floor when I sleep. I have installed silent-alarms all over my tactically-relocatable-home which page my beeper when anyone enters the perimeter of my trailer-park plot or tries to break-in. The beeper will wake me up (since I always sleep with it and all of my gear on me), and I can spring to action in a tactically superior position to overwhelm any intruder with destructive firepower, giving no warning other than the flash of my CCW-badge.

A lost pizza-delivery man has a HUGE hole in the engine-block of his Ford Fiesta as a result of trying to sneak up on me to ask for directions. Nothing escapes me! Everyone should be tactically prepared like me.

http://www.ninjitsuryu.com/

Guest Archimedes
...tactically-relocatable-home...

I literally LOLed.

I mean, the guy is actually teaching gun safety in a fun...er Fire Marshall Bill sorta way. :rant:

~Archi

Guest GlocKingTN
I literally LOLed.

I mean, the guy is actually teaching gun safety in a fun...er Fire Marshall Bill sorta way. :rant:

~Archi

That way makes things more interesting!:rant:

Guest jcoyle6

I am with Jackdog, LE may be a future career but 'till then "dressing" the part of cop was cool for Halloween. I hate these CCW badge displaying people

If I wanted a badge I'd be an LEO.

I think they are a bad idea.

Jackdog

Guest Phantom6

An XD 9 in a Bianchi Model #82, and a Safariland horizontal mag pouch (both maxed out with 16 JHP's) are the only thing I want on my gun belt. I already got a wallet and the only thing I want in it besides pics of the family is more money. The badge thing is nonsense and for wanna be's IMHO. The only thing I wanna be is well armed, loved and wealthier. Presently at least I'm well armed and loved. The wealthy stuff don't look good :D as I've already put 3 of 5 kids through college and the youngest is working on a Criminal Sci degree now at UT;)

Guest Archimedes
I have a customized, blackened-stainless S&W X-frame 500 Magnum with a 4" barrel, threaded for a custom sound-suppressor.

Wait, a silencer on a revolver? That would only work if there was a seal between the chamber and the barrel, right? Maybe that was part of his plan. I think he's pretty creative. Are his posts abusive or just obsurdly sarcastic? I don't condone spamming useless trash on forums, but that's entertainment in my book. :D

~Archi

Actually, there is an old revolver that moves the cylinder forward seating the cartridge to the barrel. Can't remember the name right now. The bullet in indented in the cartridge.

Several people I know bought one and had a terrible time trying to find ammunition.

DAO and had a horrendous trigger pull.

Russian???? I think????

Suppressing a .500 S&W in a revolver would likely result in rapid gas-cutting of the top-strap through the cylinder gap... Plus, considering the required size of the suppressor bore, I doubt that doing this would be very effective to reducing the noise of the weapon discharging without a ridiculously large suppressor ran wet.

As to the author... he/she/it is a troll. Started off with ridiculous humor, and then steadily got more abusive and insulting.

Well, most of his posts merely consisted of bad language... It was the private messages which he sent a few posters (including me) from his various accounts which were simply full of abusive insults. I deleted them, but they weren't worth repeating either...

Here is a link to his posting history. Most of it rather amusing...

http://www.packing.org/community/author/?author=46686

• 1 month later...

Actually, I'd be flying helicopters in the military or for some LE agency if my eyes were good enough. :D

Boo-hoo.

~Archi

That thunderstruck II video was great, we watched the other one on branch orientation day at ROTC last year, and this one is just as good. ;) But the i can fly, i'm a pilot part was the best; i almost cried:p

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mrnord
This was brought up on another thread so I thought I would start a new one. Who thinks that a CCW badge is a good idea to have and use should you get in a situation that warrants drawing a weapon and possible "holding" a person until an officer arrives. I know as a permit holder you aren't supposed to "affect an arrest" but if you end up drawing your gun on some one and you don't actually have to fire it, what are you supposed to do?

I think this is a bad idea. It comes too close to impersonation of a peace officer. It could draw undesired attention, and could get you shot.

In most cases that I have heard about, and in the one case that I was involved in, if a weapon is drawn and not used, the situation has been diffused and the parties go their ways. If you wind up affecting a citizens arrest, ie, i've stopped the perptration of a felony in my presence, I would call 911 and identify my self to the dispatcher including my armed staus. If I must go into failure to stop mode, then I would secure the firearm and call 911 as stated above.

Respectfully,

Carl

It comes too close to impersonation of a peace officer.

Thats my thought as well.

As far as stopping a crime by brandishing a firearm,it depends on the situation .In the 8 years I have had my permit there was one time I think I stopped a robbery by showing my pistol.

The family and I where in Knoxville and stopped in at the gas station just above Walker Springs Wal Mart.The wife went in to get a soda.I noticed 4 latins standing outside,one went in and walked around came back outside,then another went in looked around and came back out.Both of these guys did this within 2 min.Then another went in,by this time my wife was coming out and said the man inside asked if we would stick around,I said yep done noticed that.The 3 rd guy that went in was not looking for anything but seemed to be waiting,the guys outside seemed to be very interested in watching him in the store.I got out of the van and was about 25 ft from where the guys where standing outside.I raised my shirt and "adjusted" my Kimber making sure it was seen.They motioned to the guy inside and took off walking down the road.The attendant saw all this too,waved and gave me a thumbs up.

That showed me real quick that carrying even if not drawn can be very effective.