1911 Micro Compact

Guest JNH

I have a Springfield 1911 Micro Compact. Question is, exactly which one is it? I've read through the posting rules, so I'm trying to do my best in following them(first post). Please don't quote value or anything, but do tell me if you know the exact model I have so I can do my own research on it. I can tell you that it has the tritium night sights, beyond that I am ignorant.

5652344382_ac8e17c10e.jpg

1911 Micro Compact

5652344218_9abcd19202.jpg

1911 Micro Compact

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a model 9801 but I am not sure of the prefix. The PX is bitone and the PW is a GI. I cannot find a loaded all blue 3" on their website or on Gunbroker. SA will list a package, such as the 3" GI model, as a PW9801LP. So I don't know what prefix goes with this one. Must be an early model.

Penny at Springfield Armory told me it's a Lightweight Micro (Loaded), PX9804L, made in January 2003. Parkerized finish with all the parts shown in the pic, and it hasn't been in for any kind of service. Hope this helps!

ETA: They may not have called them "Loaded" back then (she said "similar to our current Loaded"), and the current models are bi-tone only.

Edited by cptdean

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.