Excellent! Na Go Ya Japanese Restaurant, Chattanooga

This place was posted until 5 minutes ago. I spoke with the owner, and let her know I was sorry to see the sign, and that I wouldn't be able to have lunch there anymore.

She said that she had been told that the sign (a simple "gunbuster" symbol) was mandatory because they sell wine.

When I explained the actual requirements, I was surprised when she took my word for it, and peeled off the sticker right then.

Anyway, I promised to come in for lunch again, and thought it would be good if some other TGO members could pay them a visit and thank them for de-posting.

They're on Brainerd Road, near Moore Road. The food is good, and the prices are reasonable.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm moving this from Carry Prohibited Locations to Handgun Carry since they're are no longer posted.

Kudos for getting the sign taken down! I've eaten there many times (always takeout) so I'll second your opinion about the food being good and cheap.

She said that she had been told that the sign (a simple "gunbuster" symbol) was mandatory because they sell wine.

I don't know about her, but I have heard from several friends that own restauruants that they received letters that "heavily implied" that the signs are mandatory.

Guest friesepferd

sweet! well done.

it wouldnt surprise me at all if a lot of places actually think its required. the large majority of the rest just dont know that it is legally binding and what it means.

Guest clownsdd
I don't know about her, but I have heard from several friends that own restauruants that they received letters that "heavily implied" that the signs are mandatory.

Who is sending the letters would be helpful.

Who is sending the letters would be helpful.

If someone could PROVE a person or GROUP is MAILING that in a letter, would not that be considered MAIL FRAUD? I am not a lawyer but I wanted to be at one point in my life.

Guest kirkosaurus
This place was posted until 5 minutes ago. I spoke with the owner, and let her know I was sorry to see the sign, and that I wouldn't be able to have lunch there anymore.

When I explained the actual requirements, I was surprised when she took my word for it, and peeled off the sticker right then.

Anyway, I promised to come in for lunch again, and thought it would be good if some other TGO members could pay them a visit and thank them for de-posting.

They're on Brainerd Road, near Moore Road. The food is good, and the prices are reasonable.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Awesome! Great job on taking the time to talk to the owner! More of us should do this with posted restaurants.

If someone could PROVE a person or GROUP is MAILING that in a letter, would not that be considered MAIL FRAUD? I am not a lawyer but I wanted to be at one point in my life.

I don't know enough about it, but I would guess (based on nothing other than my guess) that if the letter doesn't outright say anything incorrect, but instead only tends to imply something that isn't correct, could that be proven to be fraud?

Anyway, to the other question, I'm not sure, because this was a while ago, but I believe it was the TN Restaurant Assoc. I know that a while back I saw an article on the news and if I remember correctly, they said the TN Restaurant Assoc was having some signs printed to mail to their members.