4.5mm 8gr FUN

JeffsSig

Well yesterday i wanted to try something I have never had before.

A 4.5 (.177cal) pellet gun. Yes a big 7-10gr of high speed lead!

I bought a Beeman 1073 and brought it home and was unable to group anything better than 8in groups at 30yrds. This was with the 177 and 22cal barrels it came with.

Open sights and 3 different scopes from the one that came with it to a Nikon.

So I took it back today and got a refund and bought a Crosman Storm XT.

It has a 2 stage adjustable trigger runs 1000-1200 FPS wood stock.

3 pound lighter that the Beeman

The barrel breaks about 30 pounds vs the 45 pounds of the Beeman.

and my best group after 100 rounds and quick cleaning was.........

Wait for it.................

Quarter sized at 30 yds with open sights from a bench.

Im almost not wanting to scope it LOL But I know I will in time.

A lot of fun these pellet guns and cheap to shoot.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you certainly didn't go wrong with the Beeman; THE top of the line air rifles without a doubt. I have a .22cal R1 for the pests in the area. Superbly accurate rifles.

He said that he couldn't shoot for crap with the Beeman and returned it.

The small groups were with the Crosman.

I've had a Gamo Big Cat .177 for about a year and it has been a good shooter. Not a tack driver, but minute of squirrel for sure. I purchased a Benjamin .22 cal. pump-up yesterday and tried it out today Must say I'm impressed. It packs a wollop and is as accurate with open sights as the Big Cat is with a scope. Plus wood stock that feels like a gun in your hands. I will definitely build some arms muscles as pumping it the eight strokes to full power requires some effort.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BungieCord

I've got a .20 Beeman R9 Goldfinger top-break springer that shoots 3/8" @25 yards. When I started busting starlings in the yard with it at 40-50 yards, I decided I'd try it for squirrel hunting. Now it's all I carry. I have to be pickier about shot selection but it'll kill squirrels, rabbits, possums and any bird I've come across deader'n 4 o'clock.