Sig Sauer P290

Guest Hillbilly Dan

Guest Hillbilly Dan

I have owned mine for 3 weeks. I love the little gun. Recoil is not to bad, but there is some recoil. I have put 300 rounds through is so far and it takes all types including HP's.

When I put it in my pocket it does weigh more than my S&W Bodyguard, but it does have more knockdown power which is why I got it.

Sig has put out another great gun. When looking at it I also held a Kimber Solo in the other hand at Gander Mountian in Jackson and it is a bit bigger and it does weigh more.

The Kimber looks good. But I would be its recoil is much more.

I am quite happy with my new back up pocket pistol. I have a 1911 on my side and a good little 9mm in my pocket.

Hillbilly Dan

Life Member NRA

Friends of NRA

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I looked at the one at D&T, too. I liked the feel of the gun overall, but in dry firing the trigger felt funny. It had a little catch in it that just didn't feel like any other Sig. I'll have to wait until I can actually shoot one I'll reserve judgment.

• 4 months later...
When I looked at them from the front , the barrel looked really thick . Is is that thick throughout the entire length of the barrel ?

No.

Almost all the pocket 9s that I have seen have extra flared barrels on the front where they are thicker. If you look at the kimber solo, and I believe the lc9 as well - with the slide locked back you will see how it tapers back down.

kimber_solo_carry_24.jpg

Ruger_LC9_05.jpg

sig-p290-tss-14.jpg