Glock 17L redux w/thumb safety in Color

The latest iteration of my G17L: Digitally measured 3.75lb trigger pull -trigger job using 5lb connector by me, BoMor Sights, Cominolli Thumb safety installed by me, JP magwell, Cera Kote by gunrunner32 - color scheme by me. Last thing I am waiting for is a Ghost Rocket 3.5 connector to hand fit and eliminate as much overtravel as possible and may try to get the trigger nearer 2lbs - that is why the thumb safety - sort of.

CeraKoted17LRedwsafety.jpg

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really know, but if I shoot at 25 yards I can generally hit inside of the bull. I have a couple of older friends who used to 50m bullseye shoot competitively and I don't believe I have what it takes to learn how. I just like fiddling with guns and won't afford a Sig P210. I did have a 17L with a CCF stainless frame several years ago. Lock up was pretty tight, weight was nearer 50oz and the trigger was close to 2lbs, that gun may have been a barn burner but I traded it off. When I had the oppourtunity to trade for another 17L I jumped at the chance. I plan on using this gun to work on my longer range shooting and to bug my tactical clothes wearing expensive 1911 toting friends.

WOW Craig , you reallly have been busy ! That is nice . How does that magwell attach to the frame ? Also I like your line where you said , "tactical clothes wearing expensive 1911 toting friends." hahahaha thats a good one !

Everyone needs at least one red gun, it goes so well with 501 tactical pants, safari shirts, and little serrated edged knives with the clips showing from the front pockets. Toss in a Surefire baseball cap, a pencil thin mustache, 8" speed lace boots, a 40lb digital watch - the picture is complete.

Seeing as this was my first and so far only Cominolli Thumb Safety installation on a Glock I think it took most of 15-20 minutes. I think this is probably a <5 minute job and another 5 minute dis, re assembly and function test.

I ordered another safety but am going to radius the edges on its lever somewhat because as it is the edges are too sharply angled for long term comfort.

Guest Grout
Everyone needs at least one red gun, it goes so well with 501 tactical pants, safari shirts, and little serrated edged knives with the clips showing from the front pockets. Toss in a Surefire baseball cap, a pencil thin mustache, 8" speed lace boots, a 40lb digital watch - the picture is complete.
Whenever I see somebody dressed like that I want to walk up behind them and goose em' in the ribs and yell "watch your six" Seriously though man,that gun is ugly but to each his own

I get the the gun is sort of ugly in a not your typical Glock way. What is going to be fun is to shoot alongside fellas who are more concerned about how they look or what their tools look like than how they can use them. When things have gone way wrong in geography selection, attitude or situational awareness how the gun looks will matter little when it comes to actually having to launch a bullet.

Guest The Highlander

OMG....

The G17L is one of my grail guns. Wish I had found that one before you did.

I do appreciate your comments about the tacticool ninja types. I am far from the worlds best shot, especially when moving. But last Monday was fun at the range. Two would-be operators were firing their tricked-out AR/AK whatevers with optical red-dot holo scopes and laser thingies and such hanging all over them when I showed up with an iron sighted handgun. The funny thing is that we were all three firing at 15 yards. And my groups were better.

that is what I hope the bad guy does, he looks at my gun and hesitates, saying to himself, "WTF?" as he dies. I need an edge!! I ain't getting any younger.

Unfortunately, a lot of people believe that just the sight of their gun will make the bad guy pee his pants and hi tail it. May happen, may not. There are criminals out there who aren't the least bit afraid of a gun.

Would I take my early 50's Bear Grizzly static recurve bow hunting? Probably not, but I sure do like launching arrows off that thing every once in a while. I sort of look at my range guns the same way. I appreciate the fact that I can keep them running at killing speed, but never intend to use them that way - but they are ready regardless of color, age, etc. I like jerking folks around who look at life through a toilet paper tube.