Anyone heard of these guys?

mav

Man, I can't believe this thread caused such a fracas earlier. I thought it was pretty neat that we are going to have another firearms manufacturer in TN. I wish them the best of luck.

I think the guns look pretty good except the flared mag well.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Warbird you are right. Admittedly I am I bigot as I despise the 1911, and I always look down my nose on the pricey things. I have a hard time keeping useless comments to myself sometimes. BUt hey, that's what interbebz forums is for.:eek:

If it is your opinion it certainly is not useless. They make a lot of guns in a lot of designs for a reason; not all things match all people's tastes or needs. I am thankful for that. If you like the products you buy and they function as you expect, be happy with that. You don't have to explain to anyone why you would not spend a ton of money on a 1911, if it has no extraordinary value to you, regardless of whether you can afford it or not. There are guns I couldn't buy even if I wanted one and there are guns that I wouldn't buy even though I can afford them. It's cool.

I am a person who buys guns based on their utilitarian use for what I need and do. Even my 1911, which doesn't see as much use as my Glocks, is built purely for combative purposes. It is not pretty. It doesn't have all of the gizmos available, just the ones that make it comfortable to carry and shoot and run well. There is indeed a lot of snobbery in the 1911 community about the use of plastic fantastics and you might well feel some gnawing angst about that. A lot of it IMO is based on common fallacies about the guns to begin with. Most people have mystical views about what the perfect 1911 should be based on old myths. For instance my 1911 is nowhere near tight as a drum slide to frame fit. It doesn't need to be. In fact they run more dependably if they are not. But everyone expects that now. And manufacturers tend to follow the trend even if it isn't true. In reality the gun needs to lock up tight with great fitting at the barrel lock-up and at the bushing.

Anyway my guns all get used and if I find that won't use them I sell them. Period. I do have a few military guns that I haven't yet sold which I should that I likely won't shoot again. The only guns I never shoot, but won't sell are the ones with a familial history, handed down to me by family members. But some people just love guns and buy whatever they fancy even if the won't use it or it has no utilitarian value to them in the least.

Edited by Warbird
For that kind of money I could buy 3 XD's and be 5 times better off.

I will say I think it's pretty cool they're working here in TN. I wouldn't buy a Barrett product either, but they're still a point of pride for the state.

...and for the price of 3 XD's I could buy 10 Hi Points and some ammo, and have guns I'd be just as proud of as the XDs. Quality costs money. Some people appreciate quality, and some people want the cheapest thing that'll work. Nothing wrong with either train of thought. That's why so many different makes and models are available. It's a good thing.

Quality costs money. Some people appreciate quality, and some people want the cheapest thing that'll work. Nothing wrong with either train of thought. That's why so many different makes and models are available. It's a good thing.

It is a good thing. I wish everybody thought that way.

Well I used to work in a drop forge shop as did my father and 2 uncles. I think I know the difference between a casting and a forging. Castings are cheaper, period. They will not stand up to the high stress that a forging will. All the smithing afterwards is another conversation that does not need to cloud this fact.