Kel-tec experts

I purchased a pf-9 last year for a summer carry gun. It features the "billfold brown" frame--i got a discount for buying that color. Anyway, i have finally got around to ordering a black frame from kel-tec. Just wondering what will be required on the install of the new frame. Here's the link of the product description. Thanks

Kel-Tec CNC - PF-9 Accessories, PF-9 Parts - PF-9 Grip w/ Internal Parts

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TnRebel

Here is a youtube showing how it is done ... I have the P3AT and changed out the frame and its not that hard and about the same.

Enjoy your PF9, over allI like mine but do think a larger trigger guard would help. I recently purchased a Ruger Lc9 to see if I wanted to carry it instead of the PF9 for this very reason. The end result of that was my wife claimed the PF9 for her's instead, it fit's her smaller hand well and she like's it. I had intended to buy an extra frame and stretch out the front of the trigger guard.

Enjoy your PF9, over allI like mine but do think a larger trigger guard would help. I recently purchased a Ruger Lc9 to see if I wanted to carry it instead of the PF9 for this very reason. The end result of that was my wife claimed the PF9 for her's instead, it fit's her smaller hand well and she like's it. I had intended to buy an extra frame and stretch out the front of the trigger guard.

How were you going to stretch out the trigger guard? Also, how do you like the Ruger compared to the Keltec?

How were you going to stretch out the trigger guard? Also, how do you like the Ruger compared to the Keltec?

I was going to use a heat gun to soften the front of the trigger guard and try to push it forward from the inside portion with a wooden dowel. If that didn't look like it would work then I was going to build up the front with epoxy and grind it to size like I've seen done with Glock's.

Both the PF9 and Lc9 function correctly so I feel comfortable with them, the Lc9 being just a tad bit larger and having a larger trigger guard feel's better to me so it get's the edge. Now as to triggers, the PF9 is a shorter stroke and break's a little cleaner while the Lc9 is a true DA only and is a long, slightly heavy pull to a suprise break. It feel's more like a revolver trigger so I took to it without any trouble. The Lc9 has better fit, finish and sight's but also cost more for this "Bling" so other's might not be intrested. It also has a side safety that you can either use or not use, I carried a 1911 on duty for several year's so I took to it w/o really thinking about it. The bottom line though is I like both pistol's but the Lc9 is a better one for me now. I wouldn't let my wife use the PF9 if I didn't trust it to work the way it's supposed to though, KelTec is a great company.