Aloha from Hawaii

Guest 808-South

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 808-South
Welcome. What area of Hawaii are you in? I lived there for about 6 years back in the early and late 80's.

Thank you.

Im now in TN. I grew up on the west side of Oahu. I hope you enjoyed your time in Hawaii.

Guest GT_Rat

My dad was Navy. We did two tours near Wahiawa in a little Navy communications base in the middle of the pineapple fields. (though I hear Dole isn't growing pineapple there anymore). I graduated from Leilehua HS before joining the Navy myself.

Guest 808-South
My dad was Navy. We did two tours near Wahiawa in a little Navy communications base in the middle of the pineapple fields. (though I hear Dole isn't growing pineapple there anymore). I graduated from Leilehua HS before joining the Navy myself.

No more sugar cane & no more pineapples. Hawaii is a very different place from when you went to Leilehua HS.

Hey, doesnt that make you a "Mule"???....ahahaha

Its changed alot. HI will always be in my heart but TN is now my home. Had to move away for a better life for my family. Cost of living in HI was too high, TN is much better.

I lived in Waipio from 92 to 96. Island life wasnt for me, but I still listen to Bulaia every so often for a chuckle. LOL

Been gone for so long I forgot how to spell it. I guess I should have just said Waipahu LOL

Edited by buck1032
Guest 808-South
I lived in Wapio from 92 to 96. Island life wasnt for me, but I still listen to Bulaia every so often for a chuckle. LOL

I prefer country. Which in Hawaii is starting to become rare. I grew up on a farm. So I adjusted to these TN hills very well.

Bulaia...ahaha...I havent heard that name in years.

Guest GT_Rat

Yea it's definitely expensive to live there. I'd like to go back for vacation but unless I hit the lottery I won't be trying to move there anytime soon. :)

And, yes I would be a Mule. Not sure who's bright idea that mascot was. :lol:

Guest 808-South
Yea it's definitely expensive to live there. I'd like to go back for vacation but unless I hit the lottery I won't be trying to move there anytime soon. :)

And, yes I would be a Mule. Not sure who's bright idea that mascot was. :lol:

Ahahahah...Mule!!!...Thats a funny mascot. I think it has to do with Waihiawa's plantation history.

Guest GT_Rat

It's been awhile but I think it had something to do with the pack mules that the Army used during WWI and WWII.

1932: Leilehua adopted the MULE as its mascot, the symbol of the US Army and the mascot of West Point Academy.

Yep, I remembered right.