3-gun in east Tennessee?

Guest marican

Guest marican

I'm interested in checking out 3 gun in Eastern TN, but havn't been able to find any info on matches going on locally. Anybody know of any within a few hours of Knoxville?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest friesepferd
TAC2 3-gun on the 3rd Saturday of the month. Tac2

+1

great place. they have some kind of match every weekend, all very well run. Wonderful place to use for normal shooting practice as well.

• 2 weeks later...

none that I know of in the tri-cities area at the moment. I think Kettlefoot in Bristol is having IDPA shoots on a regular basis now. I have some friends who shoot there alot but I have no firsthand experiance with the place.

Guest 73challenger
+1

great place. they have some kind of match every weekend, all very well run. Wonderful place to use for normal shooting practice as well.

I have considered getting a membership at tac2 but I mainly have free time to shoot on Saturday. So I'm not sure about joining. I am wanting to try shooting a IDPA match soon though.

+1

Tac2 has alot of shooting space and all, but as I recall, it takes a 4 wheel drive to get in and out of the rifle range!

Guest friesepferd
I have considered getting a membership at tac2 but I mainly have free time to shoot on Saturday. So I'm not sure about joining. I am wanting to try shooting a IDPA match soon though.

Yep, first you dont need to be a member to check out the idpa, so go ahead and do that to see how you like it.

Doc (guy who owns it) actually is planning on making another bay, and never using it for matches, just for those who want to shoot sat mornings and dont want to shoot in matches.

having said that, even then, there is plenty of time to shoot on saturdays anyways. it doesnt take them all day. you can always go sat afternoons.

Guest friesepferd
Tac2 has alot of shooting space and all, but as I recall, it takes a 4 wheel drive to get in and out of the rifle range!

haha. yea. personally, i use these things called my feet.

my car is low enough that i have to part at the very bottom of the hill and i just walk to where i need to go.

from what i hear, they are going to be working on that though.