Common CZ Firearms Modifications and Improvements?

Guest WyattEarp

Guest WyattEarp

i guess I don't know what a RAMI is. sucks about the mag release, hopefully they will fix the issue at no charge.

been looking forward to the model I bought, but I can say I'm not very pleased about it taking a month just to get what I want. If a company knows they have a popular model of something, then they need to make enough to keep them in stock, it's not rocket science.

waiting a month for something you really want, sucks!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lester Weevils
Well I got mine but there is an issue. I am now the proud owner of a RAMI with a RIGHT HANDER safety lever and a LEFT HANDER mag release! I was assured by the CZ custom guy that the RAMI had an ambi safety... sigh... it does NOT. Trying to get some feedback from them on that issue. The trigger and mag release were great, it just needs that ambi or LH fixed. Not sure what happened here, hopefully its something simple that they can mail me a part to install or such.

I'm not mechanically inclined but managed to swap out the left-hand safety of the ambidextrous pair on the CZ85 C with the wider-lower CZ 75 SA safety. The SA safety is easier to reach and makes it easier to ride the safety with a short-fat thumb. Found a video online how to do it. Involved a few small parts and tiny springs. Was worried I'd screw it up or at least lose one of the tiny springs but it worked out OK.

That bit of disassembly is the "top layer" of action disassembly which you have to do before you can do anything to the lower stuff in the trigger/hammer group. There are many more tiny parts and springs farther down inside the action. Probably lack the nerve to change out any of the trigger/hammer components. There would be too much risk of having to ship the pistol to CZ custom as a baggie of loose parts for them to reassemble. :)

Sometime would like to get at least fiber optic front sights for the CZ85 and the Kadet slide.

Yea I am not sure if the 75 parts will work or not, looking into it. They may fit, it seems to be the same guts in different frames for much of their lineup. The Rami is their smallest model in the 75 series. So likely the other parts will fit it, but I want to find out before I buy anything. I am left handed, the mag release was the part they got right, its the safety that was mixed up.

Guest WyattEarp

the day has arrived! Just a call from the gun shop, and my firearm has arrived and is ready for pickup. I'll be going this afternoon after I get out of class to pick it up.

Guest WyattEarp

It's home now. No issues. Bought a box of 155gr speer hollow points for carry and a box of 185gr fmj for target practice.

It feels weird to have it in my holster inside my waistband. Very foreign. Its going to take a little getting used to.

Havent done the wally world walk yet. Probably wait till tomorrow.

aefc9b55-0f5c-7f6c.jpg

Edited by WyattEarp

Just some friendly advice, be sure to actually run some of the defensive ammo through your gun before carrying it. You want to make sure the hollow points feed properly.

eta: could you have possibly posted a worse picture? :)

post up some better ones so we can see that beauty!

Guest WyattEarp
Just some friendly advice, be sure to actually run some of the defensive ammo through your gun before carrying it. You want to make sure the hollow points feed properly.

eta: could you have possibly posted a worse picture? :screwy:

post up some better ones so we can see that beauty!

Alright I will, thanks for the tip.

Yeah not the best pic, I'm gonna get the 7d out tomorrow and take some good pics of it and I'll post em up tomorrow after I get out of class, I'm doing homework right now.

I did take a better one with my phone and replaced the old one.

edit: or so I thought...i dunno why tapatalk is making all my images super little :poop: i emailed them to myself and i will post them up here in a second.

Edited by WyattEarp