Sig P226 reassembly help !

I picked up a P226 that had tons of pitting and deep scratches all over it , it shoot fine for $200. I'm starting to think that it was underwater for a while. I got it aluminum-oxide blasted , got a new slide @ gunbroker and I did my first duracoat job one it and improved its look about 70%. When we put it back together I cannot get the hammer to strike when the trigger is pressed , not sure what I'm doing wrong any help will be appreciate it or maybe if anyone can point me to a gunsmith in the Chattanooga area familiar with sigs. Thanks

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I've never owned a Sig but I did a little research.

And the 226 is very similar to the 228.

The 228 is just a smaller version of the 226.

I have a program that shows you how to take it dissaseble and reassemble it.

The program is free but it only has the P228. But should work for the 226.

Here is a link: http://noble-empire.com/proj_gd2.php?page=downloads

It has the G19, 1911, and the Sig P228.

You can get others but they want you to pay for them.

Hope it helps.

PS: This is the link for the the PC version

https://s3.amazonaws.com/disasm/gun_disassembly_setup.exe

Edited by TnShooter83

Tried with the grips on , nothing. As far as I can tell from watching videos and this 3d cad program I think I'm putting it together right :) a friend that is more mechanic oriented is coming over to look at it tonight , I could really use a gunsmith thats familiar with this guns

It looks like you need to remove the mainspring from it's seat and reengage the hammer strut. In the video I don't see the mainspring being depressed when the hammer is being pulled. It's easy for the hammer strut to "look" in place when it's not.