Ky gun traders flea market

I was just curious, Is anyone familiar with the gun traders flea market in SE Kentucky? I work with a fella who told me about it. I was thinking about heading up that way this weekend to check it out. He said they line both sides of the street to buy,sell and trade. I know and understand all about the buying and selling of weapons across state lines without a ffl transfer, Im just looking for some input if anyone has been up there in the past and is it worth going?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you talking about judges trading days if so it is in winchester if you have never been you should go

I am not familiar with the Judges trading day. I dont even know where winchester is. The area I was talking about is right near or in Harlan Ky. The guy I work with has family up that way and he buys and sells guns all the time there. He said you have to be up there early cause by 12 pm they are all packed up and gone. I am going up this Sat and leaving here @6am. Once I get near Harlan I have to call my buddy and he will guide me in the rest of the way.

Sounds more like the livestock sell at London on Tuesdays.Stock sell, flea market and gun trading. Haven't heard anything of a sell in Harlan. If you hear any more, post up.

I will post up tomorrow. I'm leaving at about 5:30 am. I talked to my buddy to get directions. Should be easy going. Any nice finds and i'll post em. My buddy did tell me today you can find $150 ak's there. I'm doubting that one but he said wait and you'll see.

Hey,

Here's the scoop on todays mission. It was a total blast for me, as I have never seen as many firearms for sale at a road side flea market as I did today. It is just as stated, a road side flea market with anything from trunk loads of ak's to bed sheets and everything in betwen. Prices were at about average going rate but a lot of negotiating was taking place. I actually scored a nice sportorized mauser 1891 for a $100 with 20 rounds of ammo. Turns out the guy I bought from was a Tn resident selling in Ky. I did not want the trouble of buying in Ky and transporting back to Tn so the seller met me back in Tn at the flea market in Tazwell. It was obvious as to who was selling out in the open but others I only caught at the last moment as I was leaving as they had trunk loads of firearms. I guess you just have to know who to talk to, and one guy really did have a load of ak's. I did not have the time to talk to him but there my be a next time in the near future. All in all I had a great experience there and would go back. For some of you that have been around this type of thing it may not be your cup of tea. Who knows? Its a bit of a drive but was well worth it for me. Directions are easy. If your in the knoxville area just get on broadway and head toward Ky state line. Go through middlesboro till you hit pineville. Turn right on hwy 119 till it deadends. Go left then in about 1-2 miles you'll see the people set up on the left along side of the road.