When you buy a gun in TN, how long does the TBI/Store keep records of who bought it?

Guest maddox

Guest Guardian5

Martial Law is the nastiest, vilest most efficient form of government. 1 man is the law. What he says happens, by force if necessary. There are no rights that are not granted by this authority and there is no higher power than this authority. It is truly a render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's environment.

The question about what happened in New Orleans centers around what powers were declared to be owned by whom. The poorly defined State of Emergency is central to this problem.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just for what it is worth, the state only keeps the record for 24 hours if approved and it is done by computer, only time a person from the state is involved, is when it is pending or denied.

also i now i am denied about 50% of the time, then i give my P.I.N. and it is changed to approved in a few minutes. also it is eaier for me to buy a suppresser, sbr etc. than a gun in TN.

Guest confederatewarlord

Shipping guns across the mexican border is illegal as well but that hasnt stopped the atf from doing that. I had a gun stolen once. That particular gun had been wrongfully confiscated by an idiot police officer. I had to deal with the atf when the solicitor realized the charges were BS cause i had pawned this gun and gotten it back the day before the charges were officially dropped. All I had to do was take him a copy of the case dispostition and all was good. Why they couldnt just look it up I dont know.

When it got stolen a couple of years later I couldnt find the serial number so I went to the ATF agent I had dealt with and he had the serial number in about 2 minutes. Now I realize this isnt exactly the way a gun purchase usually goes so they may have kept that serial number cause of the situation when I got it out of pawn but there was more than one serial number in that file. He didnt let me read the file of course but I saw what appeared to be more serial numbers on it in the same area he was looking at when he was writing. They could have been something else I guess but I dont think so. Dont know if they were from other guns I had purchased or just some case number or something but they sure looked like serial numbers to me and as I said he was able to give me the serial number to 1 rifle. I would have asked about the rest but at the time I didnt know they werent suppose to keep records like that time.

Edited by confederatewarlord
...the solicitor realized the charges were BS cause i had pawned this gun and gotten it back the day before the charges were officially dropped.....

I'm a little lost in your story there, but can tell you that where pawn shops and guns are concerned, the shop reports all serial numbers to the county sheriff's office (on I think, weekly basis), along with name of the person who pawned it. At least this was the procedure in 1997 in Knox County, as I worked a brief stint in that office. What happens to that local database I couldn't say.

- OS