Thoughts of trading!

Guest ArmyVeteran37214

Guest ArmyVeteran37214

I once owned a CZ 75 Compact .40S&W and loved it. I had to sell it do to the dreaded $$$$ crunch. Since then I've bought other guns and I've happy with them all but I want to get a CZ 75 Compact .40S&W back. Now, here's the kicker. CZ stopped production of this gun. So my next choice in line is the CZ 75 P-06. It's pretty much the same gun except the P-06 has a decocker vs. the manual safety. So I was thinking that I would trade my CZ Rami 2075 and S&W SWV40e away and hopefully be very close to the price point of the CZ P-06. Thoughts??

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bubruins

I just traded a HK USPc .40 for a CZ 75 P-06 and cash. I love it! I took it out today for the 2nd time and have really enjoyed shooting it. For a .40 S&W, it is my favorite pistol I have fired so far.

I don't understand why people want so many guns in the same caliber. Maybe it's because I'm not in the financial position right now to pile up several guns. Maybe it's because I'm cheap. Either way, the P-06 is worth trading for. I'd rather have one gun that I really like than a few that I don't like as much. I wind up shooting more and complaining less when I have the gun that I want the most.

Edited by bubruins
grammar
I would keep the Rami. Those are cool guns. I would not trade 2 guns for 1. Save your money until you can buy the P-06. That's my opinion.

You know, for being a UT guy, Erik is right on track. 1 for 1 maybe, depending on the trade. But don't give up 2 to get 1. Only if it's the end-all, never find again, one of a kind. And then think twice.

Guest justluck

I know that a new forum guy is viewed with some measure of suspicion; but, I'll throw in my two cents anyway. I've owned both a CZ 2075 RAMI, 9mm, alloy and CZ75 P-01. Both were great guns - especially the P-01. However, if you are looking for a compact in .40 S&W and can wait just a little until they become available in stores, I'd suggest looking at a Ruger SR40c. In comparison to the CZ75 P-06 (which is almost identical in weight/dimensions to the P-01), the SR40c will be considerably smaller and easier to carry. My current handgun that replaced the CZ75 P-01 is an SR9c. The SR9c is very noticeably smaller than the P-01, even though both are considered to be compact handguns. The SR9c and SR40c are very much the same size/weight. Prices on the SR guns are reasonable too. Don't know what the SR40c will be like in terms of accuracy; but, the SR9c is very accurate. Jeff Quinn of GunBlast.com has a nice review of the SR40c.

Edited by justluck