load master

Guest safes

Guest safes

just bought a lee load master 223 have not even got it out of the box anyone have one know any tricks or flaws or advice on set up

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forget the primer system and hand prime. On the other hand the powder drop is dead on each time.

There are a few helpful videos on You tube.

After I ditched the primer system and went with hand prime I have loaded at least 1000 40 s&w and .45 acp with no problems.

Edited by Dad03
Guest safes

thanks my brother in law does my reloading for me just trying to give him a heads up on any troubles he as wore out my other press so we went with the loadmaster will keep you updated on how things go

The main problem I have had with the primer system was it not seating a primer consistently. Several crushed primers and the hassle clearing the case from the shell plate with the primer half in. Eventually the primer arm gets crushed and its worthless.

I bought the new LEE XR hand primer and it works great. Its a few extra steps but actually saves time by not having to deal with clearing crushed primers.

BTW Send any bad parts back to Lee for a free replacement. Great service!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest safes

well my brother in law been running the loadmaster and loves it had one mal function so far primer in 223 we are thing about getting two more in pistol so we dont have to change stuff all the time

Main draw back I have with the primer setup is there is so much going on (assuming a full turret) you can't feel whats going on with the primer seating. Not talking about seating depth but actual insertion. At least with hand prime I can instantly tell if there is an issue.

so far he is having good luck with the primers just one mis hap he takes his time he has patience i do not have but i think we are going to get two more and set up pistol he thinks they will run better than the223

• 4 weeks later...
Guest vietp13

hey safes, first time poster here. i got a lee loadmaster, i had some problems at first but once i found out about loadmastervideos, it simply went away. The case collator is a plus the primer system works really well. just watch the videos on that site and it'll guide you through problem free. I can crank out 400-500 rounds. pretty nice for the price. only gripe is loading for my 9mm i pretty much use it as a turret press. i couldnt really get consistent seating depth with the 9mm( still working on it =)).