Usletons, you've got to be kidding me!!!!!

sybo

Hey guys and gals, first post here, have been daily almost for years on another forum and thought it's about time I came on in over here. Stopped in at Usletons in Franklin, what a joke. Prices and gotta by a box of ammo on first visit, hmmmmmmm. Dropped my Glock 35 on this past Thursday with Angela for a trigger job. Said it would be ready on yesterday (Tuesday) Got off work and called and was told they FORGOT to take it to the gunsmith!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr:poop: I mean common for gosh sakes, NEVER again..... anyway happy to be here, Jim:poop:

• Administrator

First, welcome to TGO.

Second, I'm not a fan of Uselton's operation at all but it's not uncommon to require a shooter to use store ammo at indoor ranges. Actually it's becoming more common as repairing those facilities is expensive and costs lost revenue due to downtime. Further, it allows the range to control their air filtration costs by using ammo with cleaner burning powders.

Ideally a range with these policies should allow you to shoot from an "approved list" of ammo and allow you to source that ammo wherever you like. It doesn't take but a minute extra for the person checking you into the range to make sure you're shooting the proper stuff.

As for the trigger work... you should have checked here first. Plenty of how-to information available and working on Glocks is like putting together Lego blocks.

Guest motonut

Only been to 3 or 4 indoor ranges and only time I've had to buy their ammo is if I rented one of their guns (which is common practice I believe). I wouldn't use a range I couldn't bring my own ammo to.

I use WWB and Fed Champion (FMJ) ammo almost exclusively at indoor ranges.

Guest nicemac

I was looking for a Kimber Pro Carry last Fall. I called around, Everybody was close on price, except Useltons. I saw the "Low Price Guarantee" billboard on I-65 South and called them. They were the only store that did not have it in stock (told me 3-4 months) and they were $300 higher than the highest quote I got from anyone else (Outpost).

Guest nysos
Yep, thats my "Pitcth your Bitch" post, didn't think you guys were ready for that yet. Obviously I was pissed off. Just saying

I like reading pitch my bitch posts over there, some posts are kind of like FML.

you only have to buy 1 box it can be a 1.99 box of 22 ammo.he does have a very good 1911 i have bought 2 of them they fir me very well .i dont shoot at anybodys indoor range i shoot in my yard.as i understand it the store has been sold and in the future uselton will just be a mfg.

• Like 1
That thread didn't go too well for the OP. ;)

You got that right. I love this one...

Originally posted by frayedends on other place:

I think I get it. You went into a new range and they first tried to screw you by requiring you buy ammo. Then you sort of fought them on that and they let you shoot on their range for the regular fee. Then they treated you like ass while you tried to look at the stuff they had so you decided to have them do a trigger job on your Glock. Is that right?

Sure hit the nail on the head there. Wonder what they charged to to a trigger job on a glock. I could do a factory approved one for $5 using glock parts wearing a blindfold.

Guest gw2and4
I could do a factory approved one for $5 using glock parts wearing a blindfold.

^^^ This. + eleventy billion

I've done it in under 90 seconds (without the blindfold admittedly) including the reassembly and function checks...

Sent from my iPhone 4

Well Ladies and Gentlemen, The question was I believe was how much for the trigger job..........Survey says................$129.00 guess I won, being this IS my first glock, not knowing, I,m used to dealing with bench rest gunsmiths and their prices.

Just take your stuff to Lock Stock and Barrel in Franklin. They are a great gunsmith shop. My Grandfather has been taking his stuff there for many many years and they always treat him right. Uselton's doesn't do their own work, so I really don't understand how they say they "build" anything. I've been there a few times, usually because I need something and even though they are high, they aren't as bad as Franklin Gun Shop.

Howdy Jim and Welcome to TGO :)

Spend your money where you are appreciated.

Jim -

Yup....that is what it boils down to. Lot of people may like them, but if they didn't rub you right then you have every reason to go somewhere else. You aren't the only one to say what you did about that shop - there is even a commonly known nickname for the shop itself.

BTW - they may have done some extra work than putting a 3.5# connector and NY1 in that Glock....would be interested to know what they did for that $129

Edited by I_Like_Pie
Just take your stuff to Lock Stock and Barrel in Franklin. They are a great gunsmith shop. My Grandfather has been taking his stuff there for many many years and they always treat him right. Uselton's doesn't do their own work, so I really don't understand how they say they "build" anything. I've been there a few times, usually because I need something and even though they are high, they aren't as bad as Franklin Gun Shop.

Tom does good work, although you have to hold him to his original quote. He has tried to overcharge me more than once.

From the "other" thread.

"Also part of your delay was because you gave them the wrong model of your Glock. Correct me if I am wrong.."

I can see that. Glock model numbers are notoriously difficult to identify. What with them being stamped on the slide and all.

• Administrator
I can see that. Glock model numbers are notoriously difficult to identify. What with them being stamped on the slide and all.

Yes and with each trigger for each model being so radically different from one another as well.