Concealment T-Shirts

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lenny Magill is the dude in the pic. I've seen several pics of his wife -she is hot! Lenny runs Magills.com, has a bunch of training DVDs, etc out there. And he's a Glocker.

As for the shirts, I believe they are designed as cross-draws. With an open button-down shirt or jacket, it should be a reasonable draw if you practice. I've also heard of folks using such a set-up for a back up gun. Not sure that's what I'd do, but there are those who use it that way.

(As for the gay comments, well all I can say is I have several gay friends who carry, and none use that shirt as far as I know...)

-L

somebody over on xdtalk tried out one of these, i'll see if i can find the post, but he said it was great, except for the extensive chaffing caused by the stiching on the inside of the "holster." some recommended that he put some fabric on the inside, but i never kept up with thte thread to see if it worked out. ill look for it

edit: http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33920&highlight=holster+shirt

Guest Ghostrider

I have to agree that the pic makes it look a little "light in the loafers". However, I like the basic idea and it pretty well fits in with my carry strategy...

I have to agree that the pic makes it look a little "light in the loafers". However, I like the basic idea and it pretty well fits in with my carry strategy...

Your carry strategy is to look like someone light in the loafers? :rant:

It looks to me like by the time you got to your handgun under your shirt, you'd be full of holes. I guess if you are into the greaser look, you could just wear a black leather jacket over your gun shirt and show off your manly chest. :rant:

Guest Ghostrider

Cute mars, very cute... :rant:

I like the idea of cross draw and vertical shoulder holster. I like a loose outer cover garment and something comfortable (more comfortable than most shoulder rigs) to carry the weapon and extra mags.

I don't like belt or ankle carry as they are too hard for me to conceal.

I think this concept works, but it sounds like the execution is a bit off.

Guest db99wj
Cute mars, very cute... :rant:

I like the idea of cross draw and vertical shoulder holster. I like a loose outer cover garment and something comfortable (more comfortable than most shoulder rigs) to carry the weapon and extra mags.

I don't like belt or ankle carry as they are too hard for me to conceal.

I think this concept works, but it sounds like the execution is a bit off.

Need to find a good IWB holster if you are having a problem concealing. I've tried different types of clothing(from suit to tshirt) and it conceals great. With a tshirt, you might show if you are not tucked in and it is not a long shirt. I would suggest the CTAC from Comp-tac, look in the review section for a couple of reviews and pictures. It is kydex so you can draw and re-holster without any problem.

And Mars, that's funny.

Guest Ghostrider

I'll take a look at the comp-tac. Thanks for the ref.

But I've always favored the shoulder rig. Used to carry my 1911 under my M17A1 when I was on active duty (yeah, carry under the arm really is the best way to carry it!) and it's gotten to be more of a habit than anything else.

I also have a longer (fatter) torso and most shirts aren't long enough to cover a 1911, at least on me.

But I will read the review and consider it.

What's your take on bianchi?

I'm pretty interested in the 4601 and the x15...

Bianchi makes some quality stuff - but you pay for it. In all honesty, I think they are overpriced. I use one of their magazine carriers for the P7M8. I think it cost more than my Don Hume gun holster for the weapon itself. Both seem to hold up equally well.