Attorney in Memphis

Guest Revelator

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest canynracer
Well honestly I like look things up, but you can at least back me up or tell me I'm way off base....lol But something you may have access to that I don't, at least not readily is case law on certain matters.

On the M&G, maybe you can make the next one. I'm not 100% sure, but think they have settled on the 3rd Fri every month.

Yep!! 3rd Friday of every month....

and Welcome!!!

Oh wow. Finally some one that won't have to post IANAL when giving opinions about law.

Welcome to TGO. How much of a retainer do you need and will you be available at all hours of the day.

Criminal or Civil?

.As a criminal attorney and a citizen of this city

Guest Revelator
Oh wow. Finally some one that won't have to post IANAL when giving opinions about law.

Welcome to TGO. How much of a retainer do you need and will you be available at all hours of the day.

Criminal or Civil?

Re: retainer, really depends on the case and what the client wants done.

All hours? Well, I'm in the office a lot but there's not much I can do for you at 2 in the morning. It's not like on tv where the lawyer shows up at the crime scene or the jail in the middle of the night and whisks their client away. Best thing you can do at that point is keep your mouth shut, call me the next day.

90% criminal defense, some civil litigation. No divorces.

Guest Hyaloid

Welcome! I lived in Memphis for 4 years (ever been to or lived in the Cabana apartments?) for college, so as you know, your decision to carry is a very wise action!

Guest Revelator
Welcome! I lived in Memphis for 4 years (ever been to or lived in the Cabana apartments?) for college, so as you know, your decision to carry is a very wise action!

The Cabana? Isn't that near Rhodes? Place looks like a maximum security prison.

Guest Hyaloid
The Cabana? Isn't that near Rhodes? Place looks like a maximum security prison.

That's the place! What made it look like a prison? The 8 ft privacy fence, the razor wire on top of said fence, or the "guarded" entry? :cool:

Ahhh... how I miss the drug deals gone bad, the blaring rap music at 3 AM, the pan handlers and bums (aka Urban Outdoorsmen) asking poor collge students for money, random gunfire. Sweet memories.

I used to jog (daytme only) around there, and my times were FAST (and I am fat and slow), because I was scared most of the time... gets you into shape fast. :)

Welcome from a fellow member of the bar. I was born in Memphis, escaped and later went back for the girl that I've been married to for 31 years and we escaped again to middle and then Soutern middle TN. Nothing like a pistol packing attorney to confuse both the conservatives and the liberals! It works for me.

Hi everyone. My name's Patrick, I'm brand new. I patrolled this site some for the last couple weeks and have decided to jump in. A little bit of backstory for you: I started carrying a gun last year. Before that I had never owned one, never fired one. Did not grow up in a house with guns. But after the VA Tech shootings last year I thought, "This world is crazy. I'm going to take some steps to protect myself." I took the class, bought a pistol (an M&P 40 compact--love it) and now I carry everyday, everywhere. Also, I recently purchased a Mossberg 12 gauge 500 for the home. I love to play blackjack, too, but I digress.

As a lawyer I am very interested in the legal aspect of firearms, including the right to own and carry, self defense, and liability. I am glad I live in a state where the laws, in terms of both ownership rights and criminal and civil liability, are in favor of the gun owner. Let's keep it that way. It so happens that I practice criminal defense almost exclusively, and I've represented a number of guys charged with violent, gun-related crimes (there's no shortage of that in Memphis). As a criminal attorney and a citizen of this city I spend a lot of time thinking about violent crime and how the thugs who commit it get access to guns. But that's for another post.

So that's about it. I'm excited to have a forum to talk about stuff like this. I'll be around.

Welcome! I live in Munford and it's good to know where I can find a lawyer lol