Commemorative Deployment Pistol

c.a.willard

My unit is currently deployed and is considering getting a commemorative pistol for our Soldiers to order. I'm looking for any information anyone on here may have in regards to the process or programs any manufacturers are currently running. I know SIG has a good program but im not sure if i could meet there order requirements. They require an order of 25. My company is only a little over 100 people and realistically i could expect around 15 people counting myself that are likely to place an order. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A distributor or local dealer can arrange for a reputable engraver that is set up for CAD laser engraving to do such a small order of pistols. This way you could have a Unit patch, motto and sequence number placed on the pistols.

Para Ordnance has done lots of unit pistols for Fort Campbell units, not sure what the minimum is. I believe they've been using Gun and Knife Country as the local FFL. Last deal I know of for 1/101 was Para Night Tac (sp?) double stack .45 w five magazines for under $800.

Once you set up the model and what you want engraved individuals order directly from Para and it gets shipped to local FFL.

Good Hunting!

If the gun is for the UNIT, and not some special event, you could also just get the 25 in hopes they will sell at a later date, as people change their mind and turnover happens, so long as there isnt some date that makes it a one time deal. You can have other things done as well; one group I saw had the guns filled and refinished to remove everything the manufacturer put on the gun then re-engraved for the specific custom job. Also, the small shop engraver may be a great option, combine that with some custom grips maybe, as IMHO nothing offsets a custom gun like custom grips... I know you are on a budget, but type of gun is cool too. I do not know about you but PARA or SIG do not scream american soldier to me. How about a solid US brand, maybe even, since its 2011, a 1911 would make sense? Just food for thought.

Edited by Jonnin