Offroading Trails in west Tennessee

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest db99wj

The Dyersburg deal is called Bikini Bottoms. Not much of a website, but they have one, About Us I think they have a facebook page as well. I've seen a few pics posted from time to time, they like their mud up there. The Covington Pike bottoms, lots of 4-wheelers, motorcycles and mud. Trails are rutted out. I don't really like those. Hotsprings is a place I want to go soon, and Land Between the Lakes ORV park is another one not to horribly far.

Guest db99wj

Hotsprings has everything you can throw at it. I've never done a trail ride, but I have looked around it some and have seen hundreds of pictures from it. From no 4 wheel drive needed, only a little clearance to trails only competition buggies that aren't afraid to break stuff and roll type of trails.

I would be interested as well on this one just inside of Arkansas, something close.

Hotsprings is pretty good. It has been a few years but the jeep club I used to belong to made a club run three over a long weekend. We had plenty of fun.

One thing I liked was most of the harder trails had good access at multiple points. So the guys in our club with newer or less capable jeeps could go watch the rest tear every thing up...

Guest db99wj
Hotsprings is pretty good. It has been a few years but the jeep club I used to belong to made a club run three over a long weekend. We had plenty of fun.

One thing I liked was most of the harder trails had good access at multiple points. So the guys in our club with newer or less capable jeeps could go watch the rest tear every thing up...

Thats a good point. I've only been up there one time and I was passing through. I talked with the guy at the check in area and he was saying the same thing. I drove around on the roads surrounding the park and saw several trails. I stopped and walked to the trail from the road and dang, this trail, by just looking at it, you would never think anything went up or down it, then you see all the black rubber on the rock face. Amazing what those buggies can do. I plan on this fall, as soon as all the kids sports stops for the year, going up there and camping out with my kids and doing some easier to maybe moderate stuff.

Yeah my tacoma is pretty much stock with the exception of tires and wheels and cosmetic stuff. I'm not looking for anything ridiculous; just something to give the 4WD a good test. The wife and I are planning on taking a trip to Hot Springs. I showed it to her online and she said "I don't want you to tear your truck up!" haha. I hope I don't............

I was up at hot springs in a bone stock land rover LR3 and took some level 1 and 2 trails with no problems. I have taken my old Jeep up there and tackled some 4s and one 5. It was a blast and they do have some great trails. Worth the trip for sure.

Guest db99wj
covington pike bottoms in memphis havent been down there in years so dont know what you need to make it through

Mostly ATV's. Some mud trucks. No organization no rules, no telling what you could find down there. I don't feel very safe down there, but maybe it is just me.