Kimber ejector issues

Guest Boomhower

Guest Boomhower

Should the ejector on a NIB Kimber FALL off the frame? The ejector on my SA EMP does not budge, but I didn't know if Kimber made them different (wouldn't think they would). It seems like I have read somewhere that some manufacture seemed to be using locktite to secure them, but my searches haven't turned up anything, so I can only assume that I dreamt that up.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Boomhower

Wow, this thread is just buzzing with all kinds of help......Thanks for the info Jason. I was able to look at the gun again tonight, and just as you said, the ejector pin was missing. My EMP does not have this pin. It is permanently fixed......My dad has never shot this gun, so he's going to take it back to the shop he bought it from and see if they have or can order a pin. Should be easy as pie to replace. If that takes to long, I'll ask Mark about it when he returns my phone call and we set up a time to meet up.

Sorry to wade in to late to help but glad you got it figured Boom.

Definitely take it back to the shop that sold it as they probably know or knew that the pin was missing. They probably used it to fix another gun planning to replace it later and forgot they had. Kimber test fires all their guns so it didn't leave Yonkers in that condition. Now how many shops and hands its been in since then is another question. If it gets "testy" you can email Mr. Personality at Kimber, Dennis Madonia dennism@kimberamerica.com He's not known for his charm and wit but he will help a Kimber owner out and get it right. He could also inform you who the pistol was originally sold to in case it was not a NIB as you were informed.