Huglu Yes or No

BJB

Good Evening Gentleman ; I am looking for information on a good shotgun. I have in the past shot a lot of sporting clay, and I am looking on getting back into the Shot Gun market. I am not able to step up to Citori at this time and have looked at other O/U 20ga. One that has caught my attention is the Huglu which I guess is the same as the CZ which is the American version. Does anyone have any experience with this gun. I have read a lot about it but I am looking for true experience and opinions . Thank You Gentleman in advance. BJB

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, I have one.

Very nice gun for the money, but don't expect CZ quality. The fit & finish isn't perfect & the wood feels & looks like brown plastic. The bluing isn't as deep or lustrous, but I've put well over 1000 shells through mine with no wear or thinning.

One small issue, if you go for an ejector model, you may need to do a little 'fettling' to get the selector to work correctly. My top barrel constantly ejected wiithout being fired, but 30 seconds with a file cured that.

I get great patterns from my gun with all loads on all chokes, but they seem to be one grade tighter than you'd expect. At 30yds, my Modified choke throws a 16" spread with 7/8oz of 7½ shot in a 2¾" shell. I generally choke mine as Cylinder on the bottom, Imp Cyl on the top.

I would definately recommend a Huglu from my experiences. Yes, there are better guns, but not many at this price point. The only other gun I would look at in this range are the Tri-Stars (Made by Kral in Turkey) I was 50/50 between the 2, but the Huglu just fit me a little better. Fit & finish is about the same, Tri-Star is about $40-$60 cheaper.

Thanks for you input and you brought out something to keep my eye on. I thouht the Huglu and CV was the same. Where did you pick yours up at. I have Looked at GM and Bass Pro but hate to pay their prices.