Beretta 21 Bobcat in .22LR

Tenifer17

Could I please hear your experiences with the Beretta Bobcat in .22LR ? I am thinking of picking one up tommarow. I have read about them and have thought about them for at least 2 yrs now . I hear they are picky on ammo . But you know how rumors and crap floats and spreads on the internet :doh:

I am only getting this for a pistol to just have fun with , nothing serious . I just have always been interested in them. I already have a serious .22LR plinker a MKIII so this Beretta will be just strictly a fun gun . I am just looking for your positive and negative information on them from your personal experiences . Any information is much appreciated by me .

Edited by Tenifer17
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I had one and sold it. I don't recall it being picky on ammo. It was easy to conceal in a pocket holster and I had it before the days of the plastic pocket pistols.

Once they came out I saw no need for a .22LR when I could have a lighter weight larger caliber pistol to carry when I needed maximum concealibility.

I've got one that I've had for probably 15 years or more. Used to carry it often. Like Jimbo said, don't anymore because of better bugs out there now. But I always enjoyed shooting it. I usually buy cheap 22 ammo and don't remember having trouble with it working in the 21. It's not a plinker in the same way a larger 22 might be, but it's a fun gun. You should get one.

I got one so I could shoot .22 shorts in the backyard with it. I keep a trap set for skunks and possums all the time and the .22 short is plenty enough to take them out without a lot of noise.

Neat little pistol, I've had no problems. I did read somewhere that the frames are prone to crack, not sure under what circumstances. :doh:

Taurus is now making a polymer version of the same gun.

I had one for a couple of years. Good little pistol! Not picky at all. For it's size though, I didn't think it concealed all that well. It's got a pretty fat grip. It would have been better with the grip the little Beretta Jetfire had. The Jetfire is a good little pistol to in .25acp.

My Dad bought me a Bobcat for my birthday when I was a teenager. I still have it but regretfully leave it in the safe all too often when I go to the range. It is a great little gun and has never been very picky on ammo. An occasional failure to feed but never so many as to ruin the fun shooting it. I think that you have to expect a few FTF's on a small blow back pistol like that.

I think that I will have to make a date with her this week and hit the range!

Sent from my HTC EVO using tapatalk

I like my Beretta bobcat and carry it as a back up gun, using stingers, in a coat pocket or ankle holster. It is easy to unload many rounds center mass and 100% reliable untill after about 50 rounds. Then it is a PIA to pry out a round in the chamber because of a spent case stuck in the chamber due to a dirty gun. It is a fun range gun for plinking. I will not sell it.