Battlefield 3 BETA

Jon_L

Anyone else playing this? I got the Tier 1 Edition of Medal of Honor, so I (and all the others that did) got early access to it. I'm downloading it, currently, and can't wait until I get off tomorrow to sink my teeth in. Add me up if you plan to play on 360: MSSRCS1

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will buy at at release, I hope to have my new motherboard, memory and video card by then. My current pc will run it fine, but a new processor sitting on my desk that I got for free eyeballs me everyday and tells me otherwise.

It is invite only.

The Beta that started the 27th was pretty much invite-only (you had to be "Tier 1" on Medal of Honor to get it). Tmorrow anyone can play until the 10th of Oct.

Speaking of, the game comes out Oct 25th.... That's cutting it REALLY close.

The game is fun until one of the freaks that can go 75/25 kills/deaths shows up on the opposing team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to be one of those freaks, I am quite rusty now though. I played BF2 in online competitions pretty seriously when I was in college. Could go into a public server with 1-2 other people and turn a one sided game around on the other team. I still have some old screenshots from a chopper map where I went 100+ kills and just a couple deaths. Sharqi Peninsula was so one sided with a good chopper team on MEC.

I doubt I will be anywhere near as good in BF3, but am likely to see a lot of old faces from the competition community around. There were a few guys that were notorious for "breaking" the game by finding some sort of bug or exploit that made a certain class or gun unrivaled. You would have everyone on a team pretty much running around doing said exploit until it got patched (in which the patch would break something else) and a new exploit was found.

How?!

I must be a mental defect, buddy. My largest kill streak was 10... And there was a choke point involved...

That particular map had helicopters on the 16 player version. The peninsula is a small urban area with lots of infantry, the MEC chopper's gunner has a slow firing cannon with explosive rounds, so it does splash damage. Pretty much my teammate strafed around the peninsula and we just destroyed all the infantry for the duration of the game. In BF2 the choppers were the dominant vehicle IF you had a pilot/gunner that worked together and new how to use it.

If I remember when I get home, I will see if I can find that screenshot to post the score.

edit: found it

KDR.JPG

Edited by nysos

i have went 100 plus with a few deaths in Call of duty way more than i have in Battlefield but i usually carry a 2.0 KD or better in both COD, battlefield and Halo, i play xbox360 you can add me if you want CoNcEpTs x i was on the MLG pro ladder for Cod4 and have won around 500$ in cash and prizes from Tournaments and Gamebattles.com but that was a few years back i just play for Fun now

IDK about this beta i went 85-15 last night but i am just not really liking it to much i always get killed by some sniper laying down in the bushes the actual game will have way better graphics and stuff tho, the BEta just isnt doing it for me

IDK about this beta i went 85-15 last night but i am just not really liking it to much i always get killed by some sniper laying down in the bushes the actual game will have way better graphics and stuff tho, the BEta just isnt doing it for me

I don't know about significantly better graphics. In a beta, there isn't much polishing that is going to be done graphics wise. Everything that needs to be addressed is mechanical problems, ui options, bugs, etc. All the textures and graphics polishing is usually done before the point of a beta being released. The problem you are probably experiencing isn't really a problem. The game was designed for the PC with consoles in mind as well, unlike most modern shooters where they were designed for consoles and ported to PC (example/modern warfare 2). Being on a console, you are limited by your hardware, the only way to get a better system is to buy a new model that comes out. PC's can upgrade whenever new components are developed and a high end PC is much more of a work horse than the best console. The really pretty demo video's you have seen of the game, were rendered on a computer. If the xbox or ps3 can't support the highest level of graphics textures, shadows, bloom effects, etc. then that is what you are stuck with. They have to make a compromise between making it look good and making it playable, there is a balance the developers had to find between frame rate and prettyness. What you see is most likely what you get on the console.

another note: I got the beta last night for pc, my origin name is nysos for any that want to add & play.