Hard to find stance by Cain

I agree. But I feel we need both: to operate government by spending less than is taken in, and to reform taxes, as I feel they are currently inefficient and outdated. Just getting us to operate on the money that is taken in would be a full time job for a 2 term president and congress, if nothing else at all were done.

Absolutely. There is one candidate who would like to reform Federal taxes by doing away with the IRS and income tax.

Another thing to keep in mind is that inflation is a hidden tax that can only be resolved by addressing by the Fed's monetary policy.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. But I feel we need both: to operate government by spending less than is taken in, and to reform taxes, as I feel they are currently inefficient and outdated. Just getting us to operate on the money that is taken in would be a full time job for a 2 term president and congress, if nothing else at all were done.

I think they could tax 100% of our income and the government would still figure out a way to be broke and raise the deficit.

Here is a funny one about the situation.

The folks who are getting free ****, don't like the folks who are paying for

the free ****, because the folks who are paying for the free ****, can no

longer afford to pay for both the free **** and their own ****.

And, the folks who are paying for the free ****, want the free **** to stop.

And the folks who are getting the free ****, want even MORE free **** on top

of the free **** they're already getting!

Now..... The people who are forcing the people who PAY for the free ****,

have told the people who are RECEIVING the free ****, that the people who

are PAYING for the free ****, are being mean, prejudiced, and racist.

So .... the people who are GETTING the free ****, have been convinced they

need to HATE the people who are PAYING for the free **** by the people who

are forcing the people who are PAYING for the free **** and GIVING them the

free **** in the first place. Now.... Ain't THAT some ****

For example, in an interview with CNN’s Wolf Blitzer earlier this year, Cain expressed strong support for gun rights: “I support, strongly support, the Second Amendment. I don’t support onerous legislation that’s going to restrict people’s rights in order to be able to protect themselves as guaranteed by the Second Amendment.”

Herman Cain On The Second Amendment

As far as his tax plan, I read somewhere that over time his 999 will evolve into the Fair Tax Plan.

Either way, Republican majorities will need to be in place before the libs will let us change the current tax structure.

In addition to lowering the tax rates where possible, Herman Cain supports ending the IRS as well.

Edited by kieefer
added IRS info
I don’t support onerous legislation that’s going to restrict people’s rights in order to be able to protect themselves as guaranteed by the Second Amendment.”

This would make me feel better if it read "legislation" in lieu of "onerous legislation".

I saw Cain on Fox the other morning.

They asked him about the Perry camp sign, Cain said something to the effect that he spoke to Perry about it and was satisfied with his response and it was no longer an issue for him.

As for taxes he is for the Fair Tax. If you ever heard him as a sub for Neal Boortz it would be apparent. He stated also on Fox that his 9,9,9 plan is a way to change what is going on with our tax system right now. You can't go right from what we have to Fair Tax, it would take repealing the 16th ammendment. Get the 999 tax in and work toward the Fair Tax.

Personally I don't think the the ******head Camp is an issue, for one thing it was his father's lease and they did paint over it. Not that I would vote for Perry anyway, but this is not important stuff. And 999 is better than what's going on now. Someone can want a Fair Tax all they want but changing the constitution does not happen overnight.

Edited by Mike.357
Guest 6.8 AR

The problem with the 999 is you still have the 16th Amendment(?) intact and have just added

a VAT tax, but it is a change. I think the changes in our tax code should call for a repeal of

the Income tax, period, before considering other funding alternatives. You never know who is

going to be in charge the next time, and it could become another congressional nightmare. We

don't need any more of those. Just like we don't need any more usage of the commerce clause

as an excuse to tax us further, nor do we need any of the existing gun laws.

There's a lot to fix before our kids will be safe from tyranny and it needs to be done right.

Don't misunderstand me, I will vote for Herman Cain in a heartbeat if he is the nominee. He needs

a very responsible "small government" thinking congress to do these things with, and that's not

something you see very often.

Either way, Republican majorities will need to be in place before the libs will let us change the current tax structure.

In addition to lowering the tax rates where possible, Herman Cain supports ending the IRS as well.

We need folks who are supporter of the Constitution of the United States of America.

I've learned the hard way that a politician being Republican is neither here nor there.

It's my opinion that unless we get rid of the vast majority of politicians currently in place now in Washington, there is no way that there will be change in Washington, regardless of who the President is. Because those that are in power there now (in both Parties, neither of which has any intention of making true change) are not about to let anything take away their power, which all derives from money. There can be no change in taxation until that happens.

Nor do I think there will be any true change in spending. The only difference between the two parties is in social issues, of which I care about exactly one, the 2nd Amendment. Both the Republican Party and the Democratic Party have proven that they can't budget worth a damn and they spend money like drunken, horny sailors.

Presently I haven't been impressed by any candidate on the Republican side and Obama is worse. I haven't decided who I will vote for and it may be just like last time, when I voted for Bob Barr and the Libertarians. Cain probably is the best one of the bunch, right now. But I question how effective he would be as a setting President, not because of any personal flaw, but because I doubt the Republicans in Washington will truly work with him.

Guest 6.8 AR
We need folks who are supporter of the Constitution of the United States of America.

I've learned the hard way that a politician being Republican is neither here nor there.

Especially like several of our esteemed Republicans in Tennessee, but the odds tend to be better.

Guest TresOsos

We had a Republicrat majority Senate, House and President for how long. And where are the reforms and changes we thought we were voting for all way the back in 1994. I agree with Moped it is going to take some serious house and senate and bureaucracy cleaning before serious changes will come out of D.C. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Regardless of what mumbo jumbo Cain spouts, fact is he was Director of the Kansas City Federal Reserve, he is a insider and a friend of the globalist Banksters. I will not vote for him and while everybody seems determined anybody but Obama (ABO) careful what you vote for, evil though it may be a lesser one is still evil.

Personally I'm with Hank Jr. I don't like any of the Republicrat field "Nobody", course I don't like BO either.

The original transcript of the entire interview can be found here:

RealClearPolitics - Interview with Presidential Candidate Herman Cain

The part in question is exactly as portrayed:

BLITZER: All right. Let's talk about gun control. Do you support any gun control?

CAIN: I support the Second Amendment. BLITZER: So you don't -- so what's the answer on gun control?

CAIN: The answer on gun control is I support strong -- strongly support the Second Amendment. I don't support, you know, onerous legislation that's going to restrict people's rights in order to be able to protect themselves as guaranteed by the Second Amendment.

BLITZER: Should states or local governments be allowed to control the gun situation? Or should...

CAIN: Yes.

BLITZER: The answer is yes?

CAIN: The answer is yes. That should be a state's decision.

After that, Blitzer moves on to another topic.

Here is where we run head-to-head with the issue of states' rights. Either we say that each state has the right to determine policy in that state or we say that the federal government has the authority to dictate to the states how to apply and interpret the law and the Constitution. The US Constitution originally did not apply or extend the Bill of Rights to the states, but allowed the states to create policy instead. After the passage of the 14th Amendment and the application of that amendment through case law, we have seen how the line between state sovereignty and federal authority is blurred. We have a lot of people on the right talking about "states' rights" until it's dealing with a policy they don't like - such as gun control - and then they want the federal government to apply the US Constitution. In other words, it's incompatible to use the states' rights argument, but then use the US Constitution to force state governments to bend to your demands. Cain appears to be either 1) a hard-core states' rights guy, 2) one of those who fall into the same trap I mentioned above, or 3) wasn't able to further clarify his stance because Wolf Blitzer moved on to another topic without asking him to explain his gun-control stance further.

Do we all agree that any Presidential election at this point is just a choice of who pisses us off the least, or does anyone have a candidate they whole-heartedly stand by on all issues?

That is exactly right. We can't expect to agree with ANY candidate 100% of the time. I much prefer one who gives us what they believe in a clear and consistent manner, so at least I know what they stand for and can actively work against things I don't agree with instead of trying to guess.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px" width="640" height="360">

Don't this guy make you smile and say, Hell Yeah!?

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7y07nfMCRA?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Not sure what the forum policy is on reposting copyrighted material, I'll just leave these here.

Herman Cain's Enron-esque Disaster | Mother Jones

Herman Cain | Campaign Scandal | The Atlanta Post

The Truth Behind Aquila and Herman Cain - storify.com

As Mr. Cain builds conservative support, expect the lib-media to do what they do best.

At least he's getting coverage, unlike RuPaul in which he recently won a straw poll and didn't even get a headline on Drudge until 24hrs later, it also disappeared 12hrs later, now that's bad.

I think the media will try, like you say, kieffer, but I think he is witty enough

to handle them. You can bet they are looking for all the dirt they can on him.

I imagine the country club republicans are aiding and abetting the media, too.

I think the media will try, like you say, kieffer, but I think he is witty enough

to handle them. You can bet they are looking for all the dirt they can on him.

I imagine the country club republicans are aiding and abetting the media, too.

The Black Walnut will be hard to crack.;)

Ditto. I am liking Cain anyway, and more evidence

keeps surfacing. I hope the Dem commies play that

race card, too. I have a feeling he can handle it quite

well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk