Seecamp LWS32, Questions?

Rebels010

I am interested in getting a BUG that I carry at all times. I have a G26, G19 and J-Frame that I carry depending on mood, but not 100% of the time. The LWS32 would be carried at all the time in addition to my other guns. This gun intrigues me because of size and quality (based on my internet research.)

1.) Does anyone have any experience or knowledge with the firearm?

2.) Are there any middle TN shops that sell Seecamps? According to Seecamp's website the only authorized dealers are in East TN. I do realize I can go the gunbroker route, but would love to hold and inspect one first.

Thanks for any input.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stoolshooter

Rebel

I have a 32acp Seecamp you can inspect. I work at Champions Choice in Lavergne (793-4066 ) and if you call me in advance we can meet there. Ask for Steve when you call. No, I don't want to sell but there are always several on Gun Broker new in box. I waited 3 1/2 years for mine to keep from paying the high prices at the time but prices are much better now.

Steve

Steve

thanks for the response and will give you a shout if I can ever get your way. This gun intrigues me because of size and the fact I know I would carry it all the time. It's a good little "get off me" gun, or allow me to fight my way to another gun as I always have a few pistols close.

I had a buddy suggest a NAA in .22mag. There are a few reasons I'm skeptical about these guns (single action and no trigger guard) but I have heard that people love them. Advantages for me would be cost savings and its a caliber I already stock. (I have a PMR-30 and Savage 93FVS.) It would also be easy to conceal and it would serve a similar purpose for what I want. Does anyone have advice/opinion on those? Or suggest a good model, I believe that they have a few different to choose from. I may stop in shop this week to check one out too.

Edited by Rebels010

You are welcome to send me a PM and arrange to see mine if you are ever on the west side of Nashville. The Seecamp is a nice little pocket pistol and at one time it was the best and only viable option for a gun it's size. It may still be the best in terms of quality but there are other options out there now. I would never choose to carry it as a primary carry gun.

I would not even consider the NAA .22mag. It is a novelty item.

Depending on the model J frame you have, it may be the best BUG that can also double as a primary carry on occasions.

The Seecamp LWS32 is a great pistol that works and also has ultra cool karma. Anyone would be proud to own one and it will always be in demand. Now, with that said, if your set on an EDC deep cover 32ACP look at the KT P32 with a nickled slide. This model is more rust resistant and an extra bonus is it comes out with an unexpected fluff and buff. I would never expect one of these to outlast a LWS32 but who cares? All that matter's is it work when needed.

I have begun to look in the P32 as well, as it fits the same bill as what I'm looking for. I have crossed the NAA off the list as I don't think I would feel that comfortable with it in a pressure situation. I would rather have a pistol I'm already comfortable and familiar with.

The P32 does not look as good, but it is lighter and thinner. When you speak of nickel slide, do you mean the hard chrome? I think the Seecamp is more desirable for me, but the availability of the P32 along with cost makes it appealing. How has your reliability been with it? Any other people have experience with a P32?

I have a LWS .380 and bought it a few years ago, when the wait time from Seecamp was over a year. Don't know what it is now.

I ran mine down through their dealer network after calling about 10 of them. I finally found one in stock where the guy had it above the price Seecamp charged but was reasonbly priced, considering the wait time. The recoil on the .380 is very harsh, and I added a grip extension which helped out significantly but didn't effect the carry quality.

Back when I purchased this, it was the only game in town for small, light and high quality. Now there are several other choices available in .32 and .380. The Seecamp is a work of art and solid stainless steel. There is nothing to compare to this day. Anything NAA makes weighs significantly more.

The Seecamp .32 would IMO would be a good way to go. Great deep cover gun and reasonable priced compared to the .380. If I were going just the run of mill .380 today there are a number of good choices and I would pass on the .32.

These are just incredible quality and an heirloom investment with class. I carry mine in a DeSantis.

P1010005.jpg

I carry this more than anything else. S&W M&P 340 is my alternate.

Edited by DAdams
I.

When you speak of nickel slide, do you mean the hard chrome? I think the Seecamp is more desirable for me, but the availability of the P32 along with cost makes it appealing. How has your reliability been with it? Any other people have experience with a P32?

Yep, the hard crome finish and your 100% right the KT P-32 doesn't look as good as the Seecamp, it never will either. Form may follow function but looking good does add cool points. :-)

Go to the KT Forum. Lots of commentary and feedback. My son has a P32 and it shoots pretty well. I think he still has it but replaced it with a Ruger LCP .380....which for the money/weight/size is the way I would go. Much nicer construction, fit and finish than the KT for under $300.

There is a chrome upper version around too if you look around. I think Gander Mountain had them and there is an Ace Hardware over here in East TN who carries them.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/21_49_75/products_id/54585

54585LCP.jpg

$289 at bud's delivered to your FFL. 10 ounces. 4.8 star rating. You can even get one with a CT laser grip. Which would make this a nice package. All for $430.

.32 ammo isn't as tough to get now adays but there is a plethora of .380 now where a year or more ago you could hardly find it. Now it comes in bulk packs!! load up.

Edited by DAdams
  • 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to provide an update as I have been away from the boards for awhile. I ended up getting offered a pretty good deal on a P32 so I jumped on it. I figured at worse I could "rent it" for awhile.

I have been carrying it for over a week in my back pocket and sometimes forget it is there. I shot it today and very pleased with defense type accuracy. I was actually suprised by the overall accuracy after getting adjusted to the trigger pull.

So far, as a BUG, this one fits the bill perfectly for now. I'm still interested in the Seecamp, as let's be honest, they are sexier, but this serves the purpose of what I was looking for.

My Seecamp 32 has been 100% reliable with WW Silvertip and me shooting. It had one stovepipe when virtually new and my wife was shooting it; I believe she limp wristed it.

LWS 32 is really cool but a sightless 32 ACP does not inspire a lot of confidence in the sole carry mode. I've heard of drilling and tapping for a shotgun bead as a front sight but it'll always be a close, last-ditch weapon. As the owners manual states, "you shove it up their nose and pull the trigger".

I read on Seecamps website that in most shootouts, people can't recall using their sights. I could see in the heat of the moment where you would have to point and shoot. My favorite line though is a direct quote from Seecamp's website. Maybe you should try it, nothing wrong with going semi-gangsta style at the range while practicing. Plus I've always heard when you point a gun sideways the bullets go faster. :up:

"If you hold the LWS pistol at a 45-degree angle semi-gangsta style there is a groove formed that can be used as a sighting tool"

Edited by Rebels010
Guest hawkeye10

The Seacamp is a very well made gun and I considered it when looking for a pocket gun. I finally bought the Kahr P380 and really like it. I carry it every day all day long and that is what I wanted in a carry gun. Don