plastic or leather holsters

Guest GLOCKGUY

Guest GLOCKGUY

do you like plastic holsters or leather holsters? i like leather. I just cant get use to a plastic holster nothing against them just dont like the way they feel on my side :tinfoil:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GLOCKGUY
you should get an m-tac which is an IWB where the holster is kydex and the back that is against you is leather. Then you could have the best of both worlds.

ill check one out :tinfoil:

Guest Boomhower

I've still yet to try plastic out for myself, but I hope to be able to order the MTAC that everyone talks so highly of sometime soon.

Guest clutepc

MTAC was the first holster I purchased and have yet to get another because it does the job with a shirt untucked or tucked..

I wear it 12 hours a day with no complaints.

Guest EasilyObsessed

x3 on the hybrid MTAC for concealed carry

I have both leather and kydex holsters for my guns. I usually go with leather for my nicer pistols that I plan on keeping, while kydex works fine for the cheaper ones that I dont care as much about.

Guest Grout

It depends on the gun.A revolver should never be carried in kydex,it just ain't right.A blue steel auto with wood grip panels should not be either.However if you have a Glock,Sig,XD,ETC go ahead and get a kydex rig.As far as hurting the finish a leather holster will wear just as much as kydex only at a slower rate.To me a worn finish shows character and the owners willingness to practice and learn his weapon.Pretty guns are for sissy boys.:D

As far as the worn finish, leather tends to create more wear in my experience. A leather holster grips the entire slide for retention, and therefore wears the finish along the slide and muzzle, while my CTAC only grips the gun by the trigger guard, so that is the only place that I have seen much wear coming from my kydex holster.

I asked the same question and the reply I got made good sense. Leather or nylon

for comfort and quality. Kydex for outdoors, hiking, hunting, jeepin, 4 wheelin, horseback riding, or anywhere your holster might get wet, as leather and nylon take longer to dry. Everybody has an opinion of what they like. I like the Bianchi Minimalist for concealment and comfort. My Uncle Mike generic nylon works well to protect the pistol riding between the seat and center console in my truck. Maybe I'll purchase a Fobus for durabilty outdoors. The sales guy at my local shop said they're like a woman's purse. You'll end up with 5 different holsters for the same gun depending on how you dress that day, what you're doing, where you're going, and so on. Heck, buy 'em all.

Guest Darbley77

I have the MTAC. I received it yesterday and its.....different. Not bad just different. It takes a lil while to get adjusted to it and to find the right spot to wear. I carry an XD 40 SC and it really cant be seen at all. My girlfriend watched me put it on and 15 mins later I asked her if she could see it and she said yes. I told her to come point to it and she went to the wrong side and pointed to my phone. Than she said ok...thats it and went a lil futher back and pointed to my Ka-Bar Law Knife. Now for the really funny part, she said "you a$$, you took it off" nope, it was there the whole time. It conceals great and they say you have a 30 day no questions asked return. I dont know if I will be keeping it or not....like I said, it is very diferent and I'm still not sure that I can get use to it. I hope this helps.