Earth Traverse Knoxville, New Survivalist Gear

For those of you that know ETO used to be a hiking, backpacking, climbing store. Well I went in there today and it has changed modes, still geared towards hiking and outdoors, but with more survivalist type gear. Had a good first aid section, several good knives, Many new Maxpedition packs as well as military issue packs and harnesses. The still carry a few hiking boots and some good Sherpa brand outdoor clothing. For anyone looking for hiking or emergency preparedness, you should check them out. they are on Southerland Ave in Knoxville.

Also they are having a food preparation demonstration on Saturday Nov 19th, showing some cast iron cooking recipes as well as Meat Drying techniques without using a dehydrator. I spoke with the owner briefly and he said that if anyone was interested in a specific type of class or seminar that you could get 4 or 5 people together and let him know he would conduct according to needs. I was talking about backcountry fly fishing and he mention he could put together pack loading and gear balance demo as well as first responder situations and how to prepare for hazards of that activity. I didn't get the mans name but I believe he used to work part time at Frontier Firearms before it moved to the new location. I do know that he has worked with Knox County search and rescue, so I feel he has been trained accordingly. Just thought I would pass along the info, here is a link to their website and facebook page

Welcome to Earth Traverse Outfitters.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Earth-Traverse-Outfitters/116053076627

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spent a couple of hours at ETO with my lovely wife this morning. Great folks and the owner is quite knowledgeable on a variety of subjects. Had several very good, very quick conversations with him this morning (he was busier than the proverbial one-armed paper hanger) and look I forward to assisting in/presenting future demos at the store. Definitely good folks and one of the better stores I've been in. Great big :screwy:.

...TS...